Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken Multi-Controller 1Dmk111

G'day Guys and Girls,

I had my first breakage on a Canon camera last night in over 20-years of using the brand. The Multi-Controller on my 1D Mk111 snapped off whilst checking a image.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it an easy fix? Is there any other way of checking the images until I can afford to get the camera into get repaired?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Paul Beck
    Performance Street Car Magazine Online

subscribe now for free!

Re: Broken Multi-Controller 1Dmk111

Hello Paul and welcome to the EOS Forum.

I have been running 1 series bodies since film days and have never had this happen and neither have I heard it happen to others. I am currently running 1Dx and on that and the iD MKIV, you can re-assign the major buttons to other functions to suit your shooting style. Can't remember to what extent you can do that on the MKIII. Check your owners manual, you may be lucky.

If not, the only way I can think of to check images would be to download onto your computer.

I wouldn't have thought the repair cost would be too outrageous. I suggest you Email your Canon repair company for an estimate, at the very least you will know whether it is just pocket money ................... or time to sell a kidney.
    Colin

Comment

Re: Broken Multi-Controller 1Dmk111

Thanks Colin, I'll be making that dreaded call to Canon service tomorrow - not looking forward to that. I'll grab the manual to see if I can reassign.
      Thanks

Paul.

Comment

Working...
      X