Value basket.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value basket.com

After reading about Quentin's problem I have ordered my canon digital compact from Vaule basket.com

I did google this company first and read all the reviews, both good and bad- marginally they seemed OK on the reviews.
    I would however like to hear from any members who have ordered items from this company and their views.

I am of course totally against paying over the odds with UK based firms, despite all their warranties,when the same item could be bought far more cheaply from our Hong Kong and far East suppliers. I have also used Ebay to buy from our overseas firms since there is the Ebay warranties or paid for items directly with either my credit or debit card as there are guarantees with both. For credit card payments there is Sec 75 of the CCA 1974 and for debit card purchase there is what is known as "Chargeback", which many people do not know of.

Many thanks

Nathaniel
    Last edited by Nathaniel; 17-08-2013, 13:25.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Value basket.com

Never heard of it, but very competitive prices. Let us know how the customer service is Nathaniel. Raj
    Raj
    Flickr

Comment

Singapore - I don't think I've ever bought anything from there, be interesting to hear how it goes...

Comment

DON'T EVER BUY FROM THEM. They simply waste your time with one tracking info and then another. I got my refund pretty quick using the bank's Chargeback guarantee for debit card purchases. To put you in the picture, I paid for the item on 16/8/13 via by HSBC debit card. I was then told that orders are typically shipped out within 3-5 days and delivered within 7-10 business days. The firm also gives you full tracking details which you can access and see what it happening. I did just that after 5 days, fully expecting to see a note saying that the item has been shipped. But that was not to be. I saw a note saying that the item was being "got ready" after 5 days, whereas I expected to see something like "item has been shipped"!! A few days elapsed and I checked again via the tracking screen and found a note saying that there has been a "slight delay" and to be patient. Another day or two elapsed and I checked again, to find that due to large number of orders, the item has still not been shipped. By then I had enough, and requested a refund and informed my bank to apply their "chargeback". I also paid for another G15 via Simply electronics (I have bought from them before) and received the item today. I also got my refund from Valuebasket today.

So I hope members will keep well away from Value basket and also not to be afraid to pay by bank debit card as the warranty is just as good as a credit card warranty.

P.S. Just to get my days right, I actually paid for the item on 13th August and it appeared on my bank statement on 16th August 2013. So it is quite a long time for any business to mess around a customer's order.
        Last edited by Nathaniel; 31-08-2013, 10:13.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
          ... also not to be afraid to pay by bank debit card as the warranty is just as good as a credit card warranty.
          As an aside Nat, Is there any advantage of Debit over Credit card paying ?

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
            As an aside Nat, Is there any advantage of Debit over Credit card paying ?
            Perhaps a Credit card payment is a wee bit stronger but I prefer to use my debit card (age factor mainly) as I don't like to buy on credit however long or short. The other advantage is that the payment shows on my account very quickly- I use internet banking facilities, and I don't have to worry about "making a payment" sometime in the future. To answer your question- it is a personal choice how you make the payment.

Comment

We both had bad experiences Nathaniel, you with Value Basket and me with Sunley Electronics. Thankfully finally resolved for both of us.
              My only regret is that I could have bought my G1X cheaper from main stream suppliers with the current Canon Cashback and dealer deals, no doubt with a lot less hassle. Must be more patient in future when I decide to buy something!
              Enjoy your new G15!
              On credit vs debit cards, my vote is for credit cards - at least I can hang on to my money a little longer, especially if I also watch the cycling dates of the card. I always pay off the balance before the due date, otherwise debit card wins hands down!
              Quentin

Comment

Quentin, they say that with age comes wisdom but in my case I have not only been foolish but also daft to have been in such a mighty hurry. Perhaps if the value of the item was over £500 I would have been more careful- perhaps! The good thing is I have used a G12 recently via a friend of mine and also very briefly the G1X and I am more or less familiar with the controls of the G15. I am also happy that my problem of having a compact has been resolved.

Comment

A good lesson learnt Nat.
                  Glad you managed to get your cash back.
                  I know we get ripped of in the uk but we also get piece of mind.
                  I find deals are to be had in the uk if you shop around.
                  I tend to use WEX,WILKINSON CAMERAS ETC but believe flash camera to be good value with good customer care.

Alan
                  Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Nat and certainly will stay away for this web site.
                    Raj
                    Raj
                    Flickr

Comment

Live and learn.
                      I only buy from companies that I have previously used or highly recommended by others.
                      Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                      Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

It is very difficult to know which companies are good and those that are not, and I researched and contacted several before I started to use the company I do now called PANAMOZ, they have a uk office although products are shipped from Hong Kong. I have found their service superb and although their prices will vary depending on the strength of the US $, I have been more than satisfied. In fact with my last purchases I was given
                        3 year warranties, I cannot vouch for how good their warranties are as I have never had the need to challenge one.

Ian
                        Ian

Comment

Glad you guys got sorted in the end.

Out of curiosity, anyone used digital rev? They currently have the G1X & G15 cheaper than Panamoz.

Mind you, I'm intrigued by the Panamoz offer on bank transfers - they seem to offer substantial price reductions for this.
                          Last edited by Roberto; 31-08-2013, 18:59.

Comment

Digital Rev are highly recommended.

I haven't known anyone have a problem with them, but now that my neck is on the line I have no doubt that someone will come up with a horror story.
                            Colin

Comment

Panamoz went a bit strange a month or two ago with prices the same as the UK. FWIW I've used HDEW quite a bit and they have been excellent.
                              TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

Working...
                              X