I now have the 7D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I now have the 7D

The 7D arrived this morning as scheduled.

Customising it was quite intuitive,with lots of help from Youtube videos though!I think I'm about 60% there,and will tweak where needed after a few photo shoots.

It wouldn't AF my Tamron 70-300 at first,but after enabling the default settings in one of the custom menus,all is now well.

It's certainly a lump compared to my 550!

Thanks for all your input chaps,it was greatly appreciated.

Re: I now have the 7D

Have fun with it Roy , and make the most of that much improved AF

Comment

I certainly will thanks,on both counts.

It will get at least two good workouts towards the end of next month;Steampunk at the National Space Centre here(with TonyT)and the Cirencester Advent Festival.I'll be using my flash at both events too.

Also WWT at Slimbridge in January.

Comment

A work colleague of mine bought one new some years back and bought the manual in - it was easily twice the thickness of the one for my 40D! I reckon you've done well to get is set up so quickly.

Enjoy the new toy...
        Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Happy new toy.

I have had friends who bought the 7D and 7D MKII and didn't think it shot particularly well out of the box. You are wise to zero in the custom functions to how you shoot, because with a bit of time and effort, it becomes an awesome machine.

Good luck.
          Colin

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
            A work colleague of mine bought one new some years back and bought the manual in - it was easily twice the thickness of the one for my 40D! I reckon you've done well to get is set up so quickly.

Enjoy the new toy...
            Thanks Nigel,I looked at the manual in PDF form in advance of getting the camera,figured out what I was likely to use most,then looked it all up online,so it was all fairly easy with camera in hand.

Comment

Thanks Colin,I'll no doubt tweak a few settings once I've field-tested it on a couple of photo shoots,but for now it's doing what I need it to.

Comment

Working...
              X