64 bit OS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

64 bit OS

Since installing 64 bit Windows operating system I have been unable to open RAW images in Photoshop in spite of checking that all current updates are installed. Can anyone help or is this another problem (no TWAIN, etc.) that I shall have to get round by other means?

Re: 64 bit OS

Did you re-install the Canon software? Is this CS5 or Elements?
    ef-r

Comment

I have Photoshop CS4; I haven't installed the Canon software as I have always relied on Photoshop to open and manipulate my images

Comment

Having installed Window 7 64-bit edition, I assume you installed CS5 and it's updates (in particular Adobe Camera Raw ... 64-bit)?

Or did you upgrade from a previous version of Windows?

Comment

Gearge - you rang a bell there - upgrading from Vista to Windows 7 will stop the Canon Raw codec working
          ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
            Gearge - you rang a bell there - upgrading from Vista to Windows 7 will stop the Canon Raw codec working
            Not only that, but the ACR 64-bit may not be installed.

Comment

The Canopn RAW codec doesn't work in 64 bit BUT that does not stop ACR from working. What camera do you have? I would have thought CS4 would open all current RAW files on the market.
              5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

Working...
              X