Collages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collages

A friend asked if I could do Collages. I said I might be able to. So using Picasa I did this:

Can't say I like collages and I feel the above is rubbish. But I'm wondering what others think about collages?

The above just goes to confirm what an artistic philistine I am.
    Last edited by MX5; 31-05-2011, 13:43.

Re: Collages

Sorry I am not into collages much, there needs to be a very special reason for using one in my personal opinion. I am sure that if I tried to make one it would be terrible

Comment

Like Muscat I am not a fan of collages, but, I have seen some that I do like and they are the ones that usually have the images of different sizes but with space around them and possibly only say 5-6 images.

David
      David

Comment

Think I’ll decline on the basis that real men don’t eat quiche or do collages. Although this one does do all the cooking, washing, .... so I best be careful ;-) ;-)
        Last edited by MX5; 31-05-2011, 14:04.

Comment

Originally posted by mx5 View Post
          think i’ll decline on the basis that real men don’t eat quiche or do collages. Although this one does do all the cooking, washing, .... So i best be careful ;-) ;-)
          roflmao....
          David

Comment

Ditto

Comment

Maybe its because all your edges are level and nothing is over lapping?
              Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
              Di's Flickr

Comment

Di - there's an option in Picasa to do the fallen pack of cards (random) effect. IMHO that gave as naff results (well inferior) as my attempt above. In fact it was the first thing I tried ... but I didn't have a brown paper bag to hide my head in and released the above.

I feel to do a Collage correctly needs a certain skill and quite some time.

Comment

I did this in Microsoft presentations and saved it as a jpeg... its far from brilliant, but its more the idea of what I mean...

I've seen over collages, with pictures laid over the top of other pictures that have been faded out so that the main photos of the collage stand out more.

WDYT?

.. Thinking about it myself, the photos would probably look better with smaller borders on them, to give the separation, but not over power... if you know what I mean.
                  Attached Files
                  Di's Flickr

Comment

Di - Ah those walkers again ... (which are really very good) ... I think the content helps a lot.

Microsoft Presentations ? Not heard of that Publisher??

Comment

It comes as part of Microsoft Office... youhave presentations, excell, word etc etc...

Look on your Microsoft works/Office and see if theres a publisher of presentations section... I work on the concept of if it works use it

I should add, that you can move pictures backwards and forwards (so that they either overlap other images or go behind them) Then as soon as you like it, lock it down with saving as a JPEG.
                      Di's Flickr

Comment

Ah it is Office Publisher, I use Office Publisher 2010 to make the flyers for the walks I lead. I do put photos on that I took when I did the reconnaissance along with descriptive text and maps. Never thought of them as a collage but thinking about it happen they are ... oh dear I’m contradicting myself … reaching for the naughty chair.

Comment

Well I think thats a great collage, pictures from the walk along with the map and even maybe be text of the time line ...set off time etc etc...
                          Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                          X