Rogue Traders visiting Machynllth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rogue Traders visiting Machynllth

I spent some fair bit of time in the pretty town of Machynlleth and also visited the Wednesday market last week. The place was heaving with people and traders. Whilst walking from the clock tower towards he Co-op I noticed two trailers selling ethnic food. One was being run by a half Asian half German woman. The other trailer was being run by an Asian lady & hubby.

As it was lunch time my good lady and I bought from the half Asian/German lady (she was proud to state this fact when she saw us) two Poories. This was advertised as "Poories =Pancake" with potato filling. Further on we walked to the other Asian lady and bought 5 lamb samosas and went back to the car. As the asian food was hot and rather oily we thought we'd drive back to our flat in Pennal and eat it there.

When we opened the Poories we did not find any potato fillings inside but just the friend oily Poorie. The Lamb samosas had about 10% meat,50% potatoes & 40% pastries. I thought that the good people of this town were being diddled as they wouldn't know the genuine Poories or Lamb samosas. So I took it upon myself to report this matter to the Trading standards officers at Powys County Council. They should make a visit to check this out for themselves. Failing which BBC's Watchdog will be notified.
    Last edited by Nathaniel; 24-09-2013, 15:08.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!
Working...
X