Valentine's Day in textspeak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valentine's Day in textspeak...

Can someone, probably a younger member help me please? Hubby has started sending me texts in this annoying textspeak language, that takes longer to decipher than it would to type properly in the first place. I've got a card for him for Friday, but would like to write a message in this textspeak drivel, but I simply don't understand the language.

Can anyone write me a message suitable for a Valentine card in the most obscure textspeak possible, please?

I've been watching the BBC coverage of the Winter Olympics and that all seems to be spoken in textspeak, and I am way out of my depth with this!!!

Regards

Sara W.

P.S. What does trending mean?

Re: Valentine's Day in textspeak...

Try this
    Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

How cryptic do you want it :)

831 - is text for I love you (8 letters, 3 words, 1 meaning).

I <3 U = I love (heart) you

6Y = Sexy

L8R = Later

KOTC/L = Kiss on the Cheeks / Lips

LH6 = Lets have ...... six ;) :)

Trending = Popular, eg if something is Trending on Twitter or in the news then people are passing it on, linking to it, its becoming popular / more people know about it etc.

HTH (Hope this helps)
      Andy
      Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
      EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
      [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

That's just super, many thanks, or should I say thx?
        He'll know that I have had help so there's no point in going overboard, because he'll probably ask me to translate, and i won';t remember without a crib sheet!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarawak View Post
          Hubby has started sending me texts in this annoying textspeak language
          Er, why? Hanging around teenagers or something is he?

I'd just send him a normal Valentine in plain English, instead of learning a foreign language that only kids speak.
          And I'd question why he's started doing so.
          I'm the first to rush to help people, yet it's not okay to respond to a misinformed remark. You don't deserve my custom, patronage or help, so taking it elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by NickM View Post
            Er, why? Hanging around teenagers or something is he?

I'd just send him a normal Valentine in plain English, instead of learning a foreign language that only kids speak.
            And I'd question why he's started doing so.
            Sure it is called as "second childhood" or in other words "senile decay"!

Nat
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

hmmm, just in case anyone gets the wrong idea then following my post with some translations in....

I'm 43 (nearly 44) and only know bits of it because I have two teenage kids (18 and 14) - obviously I had to keep an eye on them and know the "lingo".

:)
              Andy
              Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
              EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II

Comment

A couple that I remember from my youth (very pre-textspeak):

HOLLAND - Hope Our Love Lasts And Never Dies

SWALK - Sealed With A Loving Kiss
                Bob Turner
                Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

OOH, I remember SWALK. Not used that in a long time. I've never heard of HOLLAND; I think that might be used as well!

Comment

My wife keeps sending me one that I cant find what its short for...

"U DO DAT I'LL D.I.V.O.R.C.E U"

:)
                    Andy
                    Canon 700D, Canon 1100D

Comment

Originally posted by Bawbee View Post
                      A couple that I remember from my youth (very pre-textspeak):

HOLLAND - Hope Our Love Lasts And Never Dies

SWALK - Sealed With A Loving Kiss
                      In the war when the soldiers were returning home, many of them put NORWICH on the back of the envelope... but I think for politeness, you better Google that one!

Mike
                      flickr
                      5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

I Googled and... you are correct Mike

...although it should begin with a 'K'
                        Bob Turner
                        Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Do the over 50's still have to bother with Valentine's day cards? OR can't they retire gracefully saving their cash for some much needed photographic equipment?
                          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

After all my big talk, I have chickened out and sent my two good lady friends a Valentine card each- without of course "committing myself. I was encouraged here to note that another gent of my vintage was also going through my same card rack and told me with a smile that he needs a card without saying too much, without committing himself too much. So I thought to myself, why not and I followed suit. Keeps my two ladies happy and I am sure of a good curry meal when I visit them- at different times of course.

Comment

Nat, you sound a proper Lothario
                              Is "getting a good curry" the Sri Lankan version of what the boys in Blackburn call "getting their oats"?

Comment

Working...
                              X