Valentine's Day in textspeak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Valentine's Day in textspeak...

Not quite Sara. I am an "uncle" to the two sets of children (now adults and married) of my two lady friends whose late husbands were very good friends of mine. I was the Executor for both of my friends when I was called upon to do my duty! I also, perhaps value my "independence" to buy any photographic equipment without losing a good curry!
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

There is of course "Norwich" I hope some one will translate it for you Sara as it's probably not becoming of a man my age to do so

Bob may remember
      TTFN
      From sunny New Zealand, where we have just had a Valentines Day breakfast

Oops just spotted that MikeP had also suggested this
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

I have checked this via Google and I will not repeat it here. Agree with Peter that a person of my vintage should not mention this or even think about it.Just tells me how "starved" the returning squaddies" were!
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
          There is of course "Norwich" I hope some one will translate it for you Sara as it's probably not becoming of a man my age to do so ......
          We discussed that one Peter, see top of this page
          Bob Turner
          Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
            Do the over 50's still have to bother with Valentine's day cards? OR can't they retire gracefully saving their cash for some much needed photographic equipment?
            It would be more than my life's worth if I forgot Valentine's Day, Nat

Mike (56)
            www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

How about BURMA ??
              David

Comment

Originally posted by Sarawak View Post
                OOH, I remember SWALK. Not used that in a long time. I've never heard of HOLLAND; I think that might be used as well!
                What about N.O.R.W.I.C.H?

Comment

Hoping for LOWESTOFT

Us Scots are renowned for our romantic streak
                  Like the Scots guy who loved his wife so much that he nearly told her

Mike
                  www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Originally posted by Ems View Post
                    What about N.O.R.W.I.C.H?
                    Sorry. Missed the earlier posts!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                      Not quite Sara. I am an "uncle" to the two sets of children
                      Now Nat, we all know that Sergeant Wilson was "Uncle" to Private Pike. I think you are digging a hole for yourself!!

I've now written my card, and used Norwich though I think I might regret it!!!

I'm not going to look into BURMA or LOWESTOFT. I think that will be a journey too far.

Comment

Ha! Ha! Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction they say.

Comment

I know I am a bit late to this one, but here is a list. Beware, some are a bit risque

Garry Macdonald on Flickr
                          Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Thanks Digiman - that saved me trying hundreds of variations in Google - it might be me, but apart from finding out quite a lot about the Norfolk Broads, I was no wiser!
                            Strange, I always thought the Norfolk Broads were ladies of ill repute too!
                            Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Comment

Just to break the mould, I wonder how many of the male members received Valentine day cards and perhaps a bouquet or two?

Comment

Working...
                              X