The Way through the woods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Way through the woods

This was taken yesterday as I dodged the drizzle to keep dry (ish). Out in the creek (in the background) was the skeleton of a boat that I had been aware of, but this shot seemed worth a try.

Way through the woods by Rogger19, on Flickr

Roger

Canon 600D
    EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II @ 18mm
    1/6 sec; f/11; ISO 100
    Aperture priority; Spot metering
    Last edited by Rogger; 27-10-2012, 13:34. Reason: exposure details
    Nostalgia is ok...not as good as it used to be though

Re: The Way through the woods

I like how the water creates a path and pulls you through.

If I was being picky I would have picked the leaves off on the right hand side. But I do like it's processing.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

Love it. Like how you used the stream to lead the eye. I also like the processing. The only suggestion would be to crop the bottom of the image until the stream starts at the bottom right corner.

Tom

Comment

The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Comment

I like it too, nicely processed, moody, and nice and sharp. I particularly like the way you've minimised the sky as it'd be blown out and made the most of the darker areas beneath the canopy to make the shot.

I agree with Tom though, a tighter crop at the bottom would make for a better composition to me. I also find that whilst the river leads the eye in, it doesn't really lead anywhere as the focal point's not obvious.
          Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Thanks all of you for your suggestions and comments. I did try closer cropping at the bottom, but preferred the darker tones of the bank to hold the bottom up, (if you know what I mean). Yes..no proper focal point, I didn't get that lucky.

Regards
            Roger
            Nostalgia is ok...not as good as it used to be though

Comment

Working...
            X