Street Lights (EOS-M)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Street Lights (EOS-M)

I think No 1 is noticeably sharper than 2, on my monitor anyway.

Good Subject Tom

Regards Paul

Comment

Thanks Paul.

Comment

Does the EOS-M handle well with the adapter plus pancake (40mm) ?

So you've had it a few weeks now (wasn't it for the wife?) ... found any niggles??

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
          Does the EOS-M handle well with the adapter plus pancake (40mm) ?

So you've had it a few weeks now (wasn't it for the wife?) ... found any niggles??
          No it wasn't for the wife. I did the comparison with the wife's camera. The camera was actually bought as a 2nd body for when I do event shoots, so I don't have to switch lens. The adapter adds length to the camera, making it a bit harder to put in my jacket pocket. Other than that not other handling issues with the camera. As a matter of fact I like the 40mm pancake lenses with the body.

I have also been shooting with the AF on auto and I have not yet been displeased with the quality of the images. The only niggle I have found is the AF. But once is focuses, there is not delay in the shutter going off. As I've said, if you are buying this for wildlife, sports, or anything with lost of action you will be disappointed. However for portraits, Landscapes, still life, etc, it's a great camera. I also find that I as I walk out the door, it's in my pocket ready to shoot.

Tom

Comment

The blue filter has made No. 2 flat whereas No. 1 has a nice glow to the lights.
            I wonder if this night time mode is perhaps a form of in-camera HDR processing, similar to that found in the 5D3? Anyway, it apparently works well - nice shot, Tom. I wonder if it would be better if you carefully cloned out the cable, though?
            Andy

Comment

Hi Andy, thanks for looking and commenting. After doing some reading, the hand held night focus is more like focus stacking but done in-camera to ensure a sharper image. The camera takes 4 shots using different focus points, then stacks the photo to 1 image. It also does have a HDR function that takes 3 images @ 0 & +/- 1 stop, then also stacks that in-camera for 1 image. Haven't tried that mode yet.

Tom

Comment

Working...
              X