Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the fog...

This is an old shot I did some time ago

Shot with my EF 70-200mm f:2,8 LIS a foggy morning, I think is was really nice :-)
    Canon 5D Mk2 with EF 24mm/1.4, EF50mm/1.2L, EF100mm/2.8 LIS, EF70-200mm/2.8 LIS and 1.4 extender and EF 12 & 25 extension tubes, eh... and a EX 550 flash I hardly ever use..

Re: In the fog...

It ticks all of my boxes.

The composition, exposure, arial perspective receeding into the background and the full range of tones. One to keep and hang on the wall.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

I like the picture. I like the way the scene is 'layered' going into the distance and the two fishermen just put the human element into the picture.

But, I would have liked a wider format, the old conventional landscape shape instead of the slightly 'portrait square' shape.

Its a picture that could easily be framed and have hanging on the wall.

howard

Comment

Very nice, great detail!

Peter

Comment

Yes, there's a lot to like here, the compressed/layered perspective works very well, the two anglers provide points of reference, and add to the composition.

Good work.
          Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
          Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Looks like it could be cut out from different layers of paper. I like this alot. What a beautiful place to be able to shoot, and I think you have done a great job.

Comment

Thanks a lot fellows, I am pleased that you liked it as much as I did
              Canon 5D Mk2 with EF 24mm/1.4, EF50mm/1.2L, EF100mm/2.8 LIS, EF70-200mm/2.8 LIS and 1.4 extender and EF 12 & 25 extension tubes, eh... and a EX 550 flash I hardly ever use..

Comment

Truly beautiful. You should consider getting that printed as posters or on canvas for sale. Reminds me of willow pattern, only much nicer.
                Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Working...
                X