Icicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Icicles

These stones are used in Swiss barns to prevent rats entering them - they don't like being upside down!

[/url][/IMG]

Re: Icicles

The stones may not like being upside down but they make a nice image that way up.

I like the image a lot and B&W works very well IMO, just a thought to try and make the picture even better, could you extend the wooden plank atthe top to close out the white area in the top right hand corner? my feeling is that if you could loose this it would frame things better as your eye would not be drawn to that whie spot. Not a criticism just a thought

Comment

Thanks - I see what yu mean - it is distracting - the camera may have to lie a little bit!!

Comment

Originally posted by DianaS View Post
        the camera may have to lie a little bit!!
        LOL agree 100%

Comment

Got rid of some of the whiteness, but am using my laptop and the clone stamp has gone on strike - bu I think it looks better already!

Last edited by DianaS; 09-03-2011, 18:07.

Comment

Originally posted by DianaS View Post
            . . . .bu I think it looks better already!
            absolutely!, very interesting pic that. a nice variation of light and texture in it.
            David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
            All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

Thumbs up. Do like this.

These are the stones they use to make mushrooms of arn't they. Do like the black and white and the extension of the plank really works.
              Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
              Di's Flickr

Comment

Diana definitely much better from my viewpoint

Comment

Thanks - amazing what a little change can do.
                  BTW - it's the rats, not the stones that don't like being the wrong way up!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X