Santa Barbara Palm Trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Santa Barbara Palm Trees

Took this shot when on a USA West Coast road trip. At the time I had only just bought my first DSLR so a lot of my photos left plenty of room for improvement. All comments welcomed.
    Attached Files
    Martin
    Canon 7D,EFS 15-85 IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II

Re: Santa Barbara Palm Trees

Love the composion & the way you used the shadows to draw the eye to the trees

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
      Love the composion & the way you used the shadows to draw the eye to the trees
      regards
      Donald

Comment

This is good, unusual composition, but darned effective, I like the way the long shadows give a needed depth.

Good work.
        Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
        Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

I really like the comp with the silhouettes of these high towering palms: really well done !
          Anna

Comment

I like this composition and the colours.
            “Seeing is not enough; you have to feel what you photograph” – Andre Kertesz
            http://smphotography.foliopic.com/

Comment

Thank you Tom, Donald, Les, Nancy and Mazzie for your kind comments
              Martin
              Canon 7D,EFS 15-85 IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II

Comment

the long shadows and tall trees look fantastic! very nice shot indeed!
                Sorry I've not been around much. Sadly the ankle surgery and carpal tunnel surgery have both been unsuccessful, so have to wait and see what happens next. I hope to be shooting a lot more in the future!

Twitter: @PicturesqueScot

Comment

That one's a winner with me !
                  EOS400D/Tamron 18-250/Canon 35mm f2/G10

Comment

Working...
                  X