Betws Autumn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Betws Autumn

A couple of pics during a walk in the local park.

Fire Tree by treff, on Flickr

Betws park6.jpg by treff, on Flickr

Re: Betws Autumn

Hey Treff,

I love no2 particularly. Great deep DoF!

Richard
    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

I really like the second one, the blue sky and foreground leaves add a different dimension to the silhouette and long shadows.
      TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

great colours, like them both

Mark.

Comment

Hi Treff,

of the 2 The 1st has the strongest composition for me. The way you used the camera position, the leaves and the mound to lead the eye to the tree is in my book.

Tom

Comment

beautiful autumn colours, love the blue just showing through the leaves.
            “Seeing is not enough; you have to feel what you photograph” – Andre Kertesz
            http://smphotography.foliopic.com/

Comment

Many thanks for looking and the nice comments. This park is just down from our home and is always a pleasure to walk through. A few tips I will pass on that maybe or may not be of interest to you. In number 2 the leaves actually hide a row of distant houses that was spoiling the Autumn scene.
              An old trick is find a wind blown branch with leaves and hold it in front of the camera to hide offending object. It also adds some depth to a pic. It's easier if you use a tripod. Trick number 2 is to tear a little hole in one of the leaves and let the sun light beam through. Very effective in close up. Number 3 is to get down really low. Use a wide lens and small aperture say f 16 to 32 then drizzle leaves in from of the lens whilst shooting. This works quite well against the light.
              Hope all this helps you even if just a little. Like the man said "the best attachment you have for any camera is the imagination" Have fun
              Cheers
              Treff

Comment

Both images are great Treff, and your cunning tricks have been noted.. Nice work !!

Roger
                Nostalgia is ok...not as good as it used to be though

Comment

Well caught. I've had a lot of trouble even finding 'New England' style autumn in the UK. Yesterday in The Lakes all the brown, orange and 'gold' colours looked very subdued ... so thanks for sharing what I'm missing.

Comment

really like the shots and your tricks! Very good ideas.

Originally posted by Treff View Post
                    An old trick is find a wind blown branch with leaves and hold it in front of the camera to hide offending object. It also adds some depth to a pic. It's easier if you use a tripod.

Trick number 2 is to tear a little hole in one of the leaves and let the sun light beam through. Very effective in close up.

Number 3 is to get down really low. Use a wide lens and small aperture say f 16 to 32 then drizzle leaves in from of the lens whilst shooting. This works quite well against the light.
                    Hope all this helps you even if just a little. Like the man said "the best attachment you have for any camera is the imagination" Have fun
                    Cheers
                    Treff
                    Sorry I've not been around much. Sadly the ankle surgery and carpal tunnel surgery have both been unsuccessful, so have to wait and see what happens next. I hope to be shooting a lot more in the future!

Twitter: @PicturesqueScot

Comment

Number two for me with the light through the leaves and the shadows on the floor.
                      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                      Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
                        Number two for me with the light through the leaves and the shadows on the floor.
                        Same here for the same reason.
                        Thanks for the tips Treff, now noted
                        Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                        Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Two great images with colour, light and composition you have here Treff. The second with the foreground leaves is unusual but works well. The colourful central tree in the first image really pops, well done
                          Peter

Feel free to browse my
                          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

No.2 for me. Nice idea and works really well. Will have to remember this trick.

Comment

Working...
                            X