Storey Bridge - Brisbane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storey Bridge - Brisbane

A walk by the river in Brisbane, QLD with the iconic Storey Bridge in he background.

BNE_7319 by AndyMackie1, on Flickr

Re: Storey Bridge - Brisbane

An interesting view that really works, very nice
    Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
    Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

It is an interesting view with an interesting framing, but my eye wants to travel to the right which conflicts with the main subject IMO.

Tom

Comment

Thanks for the thumbs up, Stephen and I understand and appreciate your appraisal too, Tom, as we only get better with honest critique. After posting, I did reconsider changing the title to something less focal, though, as the picture really wasn't supposed to be about the Storey bridge but rather just about the busy activity on the river, particularly the paddle boat in the foreground.

It was also about trying out the 16-35 lens which I had only just micro-adjusted through the camera out of necessity - until this shot I was disappointed with the lack of detail and for such a formidable lens, I still feel that Canon should sort out such corrections prior to shipping. I shall take it in for a hardware fix as soon as I can, but meanwhile, I'm at last pleased with the detail.

Cheers
        Andy

Comment

You are making me very homesick Andy. I know where you have taken this as I have spent time in a couple of the restaurants nearby and used to work in the 5th high rise on the left.
          Good position just a pity the post on the wharf cuts across the end of Storey Bridge.
          David

Comment

Working...
          X