X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chasing Perseids...

NICK0963.jpg
    Chasing elusive Perseid meteors in the southern hemisphere
    Taken a little way outside the town of Hankey in the Eastern Cape, South Africa
    Canon 5d3
    Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 @ 24mm
    f2.8 iso3200 16sec
    Canon Eos 70D, Tamron 28-300mm XR Di VC, Yongnuo YN565EX + YN568EX, Panasonic FZ200

Re: Chasing Perseids...

I'm told while it reachef its peak yesyerday, meteors will still be visible for the next couple of days.

I'm hopeful of clear skies tonight. What settings would uou recommend? I've not done any night photography before.

Comment

Lovely image. Here in the SE of England we had a fantastic sky with the milky way stretched out before us and of course loads of meteors

Comment

Very pretty image. Well captured.

Tom

Comment

Guesty - depending on your camera, shot at about iso3200 if your camera doesn't get too noisy. Shoot with your lens wide open. Take a strong torch to use for focusing. Use the torch to help your lens focus on something in the fore-ground near to infinity. Lock the focus if you can or just switch to manual focus. Shoot in manual. Depending on your lens, set a shutter speed of between 15-30sec, anything longer and you might start getting trails. Shoot in RAW. Wear warm clothing :). Get as far away from lights as possible.
          Canon Eos 70D, Tamron 28-300mm XR Di VC, Yongnuo YN565EX + YN568EX, Panasonic FZ200

Comment

That's a lovely image and thanks for the added info. :)
            Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
            http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
            https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

Very nice image within loads of detail, I like the use of some foreground to give the picture a base rather than just the stars

Comment

Originally posted by Thndr_strck View Post
                Get as far away from lights as possible.
                Thanks for the tips, went out and only saw one before the cloud came over. That wasn't before a brilliant view of the international space station passing over head.

Took a few shots, all distinctly orange. Will have to travel further out next time!

Comment

Beautiful sky.
                  Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                  Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                  X