Usually full....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usually full....

....of people sitting admiring the view, watching seals, sufers and sea-birds.
    A group of chairs on the headland at the west end of Langland Bay on Gower in South Wales on a snowy and frosty day a couple of weeks ago. Too cold for anyone to sit so had the empty benches as a subject.
    Not very experienced at snow scenes so would appreciate any comments - too bright, too blue (it was quite a bright, "blue" day), too uninteresting?

50D + 24-105L, ISO 100, 1/250, f8, AWB, evaluative metering, programme mode set.

Cheers, Chris.
    Last edited by Chris J; 15-02-2010, 16:30.
    Just chuggin' along.

Re: Usually full....

Hi Chris;

Brrr - I don't think I would have wanted to be on the cliff-top there; I can feel an ice-cold breeze blowing right through me just looking at the shot!

Anyhow; easy to comment with the benefit of hindsight... but, FWIW, my sense is that it could have done with +1/3 or +1/2 EC to make the foreground whites white! I also think this is another case where a ND Grad would have come in handy to retain some clarity in the sky...

I just had a real quick & dirty play in PhotoShop, and there's a lot of detail in the sky... a judicious 'adjustment layer' would bring it out a treat!
    I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
    Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Working...
    X