Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Al-Hamriya beach

Hi again,

Long time i didn't post here, also i lost my interest in posting on forums, but i will try to post time to time when i can, my skill in photography is not improving much due to my situations, so i will just shoot when i can to enjoy and not looking for much

Here is a shot i did few days ago, i liked the weather and i managed to get some results i like, not perfect but what more i can

Re: Al-Hamriya beach

Thats a nice shot Tariq and i like the complimentary muted colours. The only thing i might do is desaturate the greens very slightly

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
      Thats a nice shot Tariq and i like the complimentary muted colours. The only thing i might do is desaturate the greens very slightly

Stan
      Thank you very much, Stan!

Well, it is really difficult to choose a good value for saturation, some may say little more saturation, another will say desaturate little, and the green is what made me to shoot this shot and wanted to give it that velvia touch, but i think i have to watch each color in my next shots.

Comment

Nice use of the rocks yo lead the eye into the image, also like how you kept the horizon in the upper 3rd as it nicely balances the image

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
          Nice use of the rocks yo lead the eye into the image, also like how you kept the horizon in the upper 3rd as it nicely balances the image

Tom
          Thank you very much Tom!

Sometimes i am not sure that i kept photography rules in my images until some comment about it, most of the time i just want to shoot without those rules applied, when i see beautiful scenes or i am in mood to shoot, i just place/setup my camera and point it then shoot, but i will do my best to keep my images within the rules.

Tareq

Comment

but i will do my best to keep my images within the rules.
            I think Rules is too strong a word ............. Guidelines would be more appropriate. Knowing and understanding the guidelines gives you the confidence to ignore them when you need to.

I love the pastel shades in the sea and sky and the strong lead-in from the rocks and seaweed.
            Colin

Comment

I think its a belter of a shot ..
              [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Nice to see you picture and also to see you are back in good form. I like the landscape shot with it's subtle colours.
                  Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

^^^ Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                    X