Sunset from the other night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunset from the other night

Haven't had a second to edit this until now. I hiked about 600m up and 4 miles away from my house to get this angle. Didn't get back home till well after 11pm. My good lady thought I'd been abducted. Often the case with using wide angle lenses, the result is never what you actually saw. The hills in the distance were more prominent and there was a beautiful ray of light hitting the hill on the right. The hill to the left of the sun is Ben Lomond, and it looks tiny.

Anyway, here's what I came up with.

As the daylight ends
    by campsiephoto, on Flickr

Here's a wee map view of where it was taken.

Capture.jpg

North of Lennoxtown is pretty much just hills and valleys and I kind of see it as the gateway to the highlands. Taking Crow Road that you see on the map has provided me with most of my landscape shots since I started. Get's a bit repetitive because the sun sets in the same place all the time, and you're limited to where the light falls, and the sunrise doesn't hit much until about 10am due to the 600m hills in front.

Anyway a wee story to go with a pic for a change lol

Paul
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Re: Sunset from the other night

Very nice, I like that a lot.
    The light is great and the foreground elements give some interest and help draw you in.
    Andy

Comment

Nice shot Paul as usual, love the array of warm tones and dramatic sky

Kind Regards
      Gordon

Comment

Nice shot Paul
        1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
        Facebook
        www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Cheers guys. When I first arrived the light was more harsh with rays coming down below the sky. I took some shots but totally fluffed it up with really duff foreground bore. I waited for the sun to dip behind that dark cloud and it was cold up there lol.

It's one of those shot where it doesn't convey the work put in. For me personally it's very two dimensional, flat and a bit boring. I was pretty pee'd off when I loaded the pics up to the computer because my t-shirt was dripping with sweat and I had bog stink all over my new Asolo walking boots that I bought with my birthday money lol.

It took me ages to get up there so I was determined to get something. It just wasn't what I was after.
          Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
          www.campsie.photography

Comment

The perspective and composition really makes this image. Well done Paul

Tom

Comment

Lovely sunset mate doesn't look flat to me

Comment

Cracking shot Paul.

Bill.
                7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Love the "fluffy bits" in the foreground. Beautiful shot. One to be proud of imho.
                  Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                  Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                  X