Autumn 2013 in Pershshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autumn 2013 in Pershshire

One from last year as I haven't seen better colours yet this year. Here's hoping ...

I'd be interested to hear if you think the shadow cast by the bridge is detrimental or otherwise. I did have a go IN LR with the Adjustment Brush to clean this up but it looked worse so in the end I left it - and I actually think I prefer it that way.

As always this looks much better against a black background so clicking through to flickr is recommended.

Cheers
    Scott

Killiecrankie Autumn by anderson.council, on Flickr
    Scott

500px flickr

Re: Autumn 2013 in Pershshire

Nice colors Scott

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom.
      Scott

500px flickr

Comment

very nice Scott, great colours

Had you not pointed the shadow out I would have probably never noticed it - now its all I look towards I can see your point in wanting to loose it, but if t was mine I could live with it, after all I presume its what you were standing on
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

This is one of my favourite Autumn locations Scott - especially this view from Garry Bridge.
          I haven't managed to visit here this year due to family reasons
          The shadow doesn't bother me at all

I've always said that I'd love to retire to Pitlochry when the time comes - only 95 months to go!!

Mike
          www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Great colour and composition mate looks a stunning place

Comment

Thanks Ian - seems that no one else is interested in the shadow either. I guess I picked up from some comments of other images (not just mine) that this sort of thing is a distraction. Not until I opened my big mouth apparently ...

Thanks Mike - it was certainly beautiful at this time last year and I think I could quite happily move to somewhere around there.

Thanks Dave - I had seen a similar (although much better) image from there in a magazine and so when the opportunity arose I grabbed it. Wish I could get up there more often.
              Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                Di's Flickr

Comment

Glorious. There's two pictures there, top and bottom halves. I'd crop out the sky and see how that version looks. Well done.
                  See more at www.andyleslie.com and www.facebook.com/AndyLesliePhotography, not to mention https://www.flickr.com/photos/andylesliephotography/

There's birds in them thar hills!

Comment

Working...
                  X