• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worcester Cathedral, from within!

Hand held photographs of the inside of the cathedral

Choir stalls and sanctuary below.

Closer look at the ceiling.

Just for fun- the refectory tea at the cathedral

Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Worcester Cathedral, from within!

We'd all have to go for Canon's tea of course. Two crumpets would do me quite nicely!

Colin
    Colin

Comment

I like the pictures and would really welcome some simple (for me idiot proof) instructions on how you guys manage to post large images. All I manage to post are thumbnails,

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
        I like the pictures and would really welcome some simple (for me idiot proof) instructions on how you guys manage to post large images. All I manage to post are thumbnails,
        Muscat.... check your notifications... PM sent to help you with this

David
        David

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
          Thanks Muscat for your comments. David has already sent you a PM to sort your problem out.

These pictures are a credit to all those who advised me during Easter, on how take church photographs! I photographed my church at that time and kept all the advice given in my "Forum file". These shots were hand held photos with an ISO between 800- 1600, without flash, using a spirit level in the flash gun shoe and keeping it steady. I have reasonably steady hands as well.I could have done better with a tripod which I did not bring with me.
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

All credit to you Nathaniel, we can only suggest. It's down to you to put it into practice.

Colin
            Colin

Comment

Good effort Nathaniel. Like the first one.
              My only criticism would be they are slightly under exposed but that is mainly due to being hand held. You really need to use a tripod in these situations.
              Keep up the good work.

Ray

P.S.
              If you do not have your tripod with you try placing your camera on some solid object, top of a pew,up against a column and holding firmly. This gives you a substitute for a tripod and works quite well.
              Last edited by Doglet; 03-06-2010, 06:22.
              Ray

Comment

Thanks Ray. Take all your points. Trying to follow in your footsteps. (I already get comments as to how nice my indoor architectural photographs are- thanks to you). Yes, I could have used a church pew to rest my camera. I have also got hold of one of my old Canon small tripods which easily fits into my camera bag or even my suitcase (for foreign travel). I must remember to take this atleast for UK hols and put my bigger tripod in my suitcase for foreign travel. I know that things are falling into place for me now.

Nathaniel

Comment

Working...
                X