X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gloucester Quays

Originally posted by Stan View Post
    Cheers Ian

Its strange that a lot of the old warehouses further down towards the docks have been refurbished and many turned into high class flats but the few blocks in the foreground of the shot have just been left to deteriorate - good for photographers though as they are much more interesting

Stan
    Not sure what the timescales are but the entire set of docks has been undergoing a lot of renovation over the last few years with the new Gloucester Quays shopping, docks etc, warehouses being renovated and done up into flats and also the National Waterways Museum there.

The Quays complex has had millions spent on it, new eating quarter / cinema etc and I think there is more spending to come. This article at the end of 2013 commented that a further £200mill was likely to be invested in it all - not actually sure what came of all that but I think work is planned on the derelict side of things in the future:

Next time anyone is up this way then give us a shout...I live in Gloucester :) and am only about a ten minute drive from the docks.

Did you get any of the tall ships Stan - I think one or two of them were still there the other day although they may have moved on again now.
    Last edited by Bhuna; 09-04-2015, 16:59.
    Andy
    Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
    EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
    [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Working...
    X