Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A different approach

Nipped out and took these tonight.
    Image 1 is a little off vertical, once I get a bit of software I'm sure it can be "tweaked" straight.
    Images 2 and 3, I'm not sure which works best, colour or B&W..................or indeed neither.

There are a couple of posts in the shots I'd paint out but that is a bit beyond me at the minute.

WDYT
    Struggling with technology.......................

Re: A different approach

Nice images and I think they would look great when you straighten them uo.
    There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Hmmm, I really like number two. I could live with that for quite a long time. The colour works much better than the B&W for me, partly because you have that lovely golden evening light. For composition, the cross could not be in a better place.

Minor tweeks:

* I would bring out a little shadow detail in the doorway.

* I would remove the stub post on the left hand side.

Well done, nice capture.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

I reallyt like No. 2 the colours are great and I love the way the shaddow of the crosses are reflected on the wall of the church

Comment

As I said, the post removal and shadow detail are beyond my capabilities at the minute. It is filed away in my "to be tweaked" folder, ready for winter when I hopefully will get to grips with the 'puter side of it.
          Struggling with technology.......................

Comment

Hi Kevin;

Yep - #2 for me too... doesn't work though in B&W...

You'll soon get the hang of Photo-Shopping!

As an aside; I did think that what would have made a superb image was the gravestone to the right in #1, with the shadow of a cross falling on its face...
            I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
            Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Working...
            X