Ok let's have it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok let's have it!

I now have the 100-400mm but these were taken with my 18-200mm.

I have tried a few shots with the new lens but they are not great...... I think I need to learn how to hold it steady!

I am ready for some comments................

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Re: Ok let's have it!

Hope you don't mind but I've put the image urls into image tags to make it easier for us to see

Comment

Nice like both.

For your first one I might be tempted to crop a little bit more off the bottom just to reduce the green of the rapeseed.

Really like the second one. It has a wonderful sky and I feel that with the sky, lighting and texture of the green plants that this would make a great B&W photo

Comment

Thanks Glenn, I knew I'd have issues with photobucket!!

Comment

Hi Vikki,

I like both images but as Glenn suggested I would have trimmed a little of the green from the bottom of both, I know that Glenn suggested the first but when I scroll the pictures down on my monitor to remove a little from the bottom of both I personally like them even more.

Comment

Hello Vikki,
            I would have been chuffed to come back from a stroll in the countyside with these pictures.
            I like them both with the rape seed edging it for me.

When taking images of expanses of flowers the closest flowers are usually patchy in reality.
            One way overcome this is to crop as Glenn said, and another is to focus into the view with a wide enough aperture to blur the flowers in the foreground.
            It would be fun to experiment, seeing your great images has made me want to head out into the countryside ASAP

Trev

Comment

Hello Vikki

I hope you don't mind, but I have had a play.

Your pictures had a very slight grey overcaste, which is usually indicative of more detail in the shot than the camera could realise, so I was a little curious to see what was really there:

Nothing added or taken away, just optimise through photoshop using levels, curves and just a hint of saturation.

Colin
              Colin

Comment

Great shots with good colour and detail.... Colin's re-edit works very well.

Duncan
                Canon 5D mkii

Mountain Landscape Photography
                Blog

Comment

Very nice images Colins edit lifts the image well.

Coda
                  There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Working...
                  X