Overcome by Overcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overcome by Overcast

Can anything be more frustrating than getting a new lens and having overcast skies ever since it arrived.

And still like that today plus showers.

Spent some time last week pointing the lens at familiar scenes to see how different they looked through a wider angle lens. Really amazed at the difference between 24mm and 16mm, I think it will take a while to get my eye in to using the extra width.

Anyway for what it's worth a couple from the day out. 6D 16-35mm F4L and Lightroom 5

Just to show the conditions. 20mm 1/50 F13 ISO 100
    By Kilbride-5505 by M Plowman

Stacked a couple of hard grad filters to get 8 sec. exposure time. 26mm F18 ISO 100 (cropped a bit)
    Waterfall by Torrin-5520 by M Plowman

Tomorrows forecast looks good but it's a work day

Re: Overcome by Overcast

Lovely set

Tom

Comment

Very nice, shame you've clipped the left hand side of the tree.
      Patrick

Find me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/136664727@N04/

Comment

Thanks guys.

Originally posted by Reevo View Post
        shame you've clipped the left hand side of the tree.
        It was that or have an electricity pole in the shot and it didn't look like was easy to clone out.

I'll probably have another go at that shot sometime and see if I can get a better angle to eliminate the pole.

Comment

Very nicely done

Paul
          EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
          Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Originally posted by Skyelines View Post
            Thanks guys.

It was that or have an electricity pole in the shot and it didn't look like was easy to clone out.

I'll probably have another go at that shot sometime and see if I can get a better angle to eliminate the pole.
            I was just going the say what Patrick said but can understand why now, although in the past these types of things have stopped me, now with better editing I'm starting to get around them - maybe worthwhile still going for the shot and seeing what you can do

Nice work on the second
            :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks.

There's so much to learn.

Comment

Working...
              X