Kozfest Sunset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kozfest Sunset

Kozfest is a small (500 tickets only) annual festival of psychedelic music held in very rural Devon. I was there again this past weekend and it was just as much a friendly party as last year. I took lots of photos but have chosen this one for my first post.

The sunset the previous night was a spectacular red affair that, with my camera left in the car, I was unable to capture. Anticipating a repeat of the display I waited with camera in hand for the show to start although it didn't and the few shots I'd taken while waiting I didn't think would aspire to much.

When I processed them, however, I saw some merit in a set of five portraits images I'd taken as a stitch and this is the result:

Kozfest Sunset, Devon by John Leah, on Flickr

The landscapes I took of the same scene missed the drama of the big sky that only the wide portraits reached into.

Now I know some would prefer it without the tents and campers but it was a) impossible without a very long selfie stick and b) a good record of the event so I'm happy.

Cheers,
    John

Re: Kozfest Sunset

It is a shame about the tents, but love the sky

Comment

Thanks Dave.

Cheers,
      John

Comment

nice sunset and I don't mind the tents as its in context with the rest of the shot - well done and interested to see your other shots with people I presume
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks Ian

Wot? You want to see 'people' shots? It may be dangerous but I'll see if there's anything 'safe' enough

Cheers,
          John

Comment

That's a great sky but the minimal line of tents etc just seem to be getting in the way. Would have perhaps been better to make them a slightly more dominant part of the image
            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
            flickr

Comment

Beautiful sky

Tom

Comment

Thanks Stan and Tom

Stan: I know what you mean but I was concentrating on getting as much of that fantastic sky as possible. Kozfest Sunset part 2 does include more of the campsite so, perhaps, has a better balance.

Cheers,
                John

Comment

Working...
                X