Why I Switched Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I Switched Systems

I was a Nikon user for many a year but became frustrated by the lack of user reviews and real world experience that I needed
    to push me. Plus I had too much equipment to haul around and only 12MP to work with. Then I saw the proliferation of
    photography magazines coming out of the UK where a large percentage of the users had Canon systems. I knew that Canon had
    IS before Nikon and I was always impressed by their 24mm F1.4 lens. The quality of the landscape and scenic photos in these UK
    photo mags impressed me very much. Hats off to you all and your beautiful country. I continue to read these magazines for tips on
    outdoor photo techniques, and I hope to visit the UK some time soon with my newly acquired Canon goodies. I know that
    equipment doesn't make the photograph, it's what we see and feel. And thank you to all on the forum for sharing your insight
    and humor with us new guys.

Cheers,

Dave

Re: Why I Switched Systems

I too changed systems a few years ago...I used Minolta.....When they sold out to Sony I thought it was time to change....I try to get out every weekend with my camera club members, and the three members I spent the most time with all used Canon.so my choice was easy.....I only needed to buy a camera with a standered lens cos I knew my friends would lend me there lenses till I could scrape the money together to buy my own.Im glad you enjoy the forums and look forward to you joing in with the friendly banter.And we over here would love for you to visit our great country,

Coda
    There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Hi Dave and welcome to the Canon world. The UK is great but you also have some stunning scenery in your neck of the woods. Isn't there a small park or two where you have some very large redwoods and very high water falls, coupled with the odd lake? I know when I went to Ca and toured around it was spectacular in parts.

Looking forward to seeing some of your pictures and I am sure that if you have a query the folks here will try to help. Also if you come to the UK I am sure you will have a great time

Comment

Dave you have some interesting areas near to Walnut Creek.....Dublin, Pleasanton, the vineyards of Napa and Livermore Valley, Lake Tahoe, the Bonanza Film Set. Actually Pleasanton Old Town has some really nice typically old American houses.

David

ps.... Dublin is meant as a bit of "humour"
        David

Comment

I agree David. Plenty of places over here to photograph. I may be headed up to Napa myself tomorrow. Sometimes I feel like I used to when growing up a 20 minute drive from Niagara Falls. Ya, the falls,
          been there done that. I usually venture out to the Monterey coast to photograph the surfers and the shoreline. A very soothing place to be, with endless possibilities.
          As far as Dublin is concerned, I hope to visit the original some time soon, seeing as I'm part Irish.

Cheers,

Dave

Comment

Working...
          X