Shanghai Television tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shanghai Television tower

I managed to get out for a quick look around last night and took this shot of the Shanghai TV tower with a river cruise ship going past. As I do not have any photo processing SW on the laptop apart from a very slight crop to remove someones elbow from the bottom right hand corner it is as it came out of the camera. The converging uprights can be corrected when I get home.

Exif ISO 100, Exposure 12.5 sec, F14, 17-85mm kit lens set at 17mm

Re: Shanghai Television tower

Phew!! glad you put the comment in on the last line Thought the tower was falling over
    Ray

Comment

Cracking shot.

Coda
      There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Excellent shot which will be even better once you have sorted out the verticals

Stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Hi Muscat;

Sorry; but I'm afraid I have to be a dissenting voice!

IMO - that amount of light from the passing cruise-boat spoils the shot; it's way too much, and therefore distracting (for me anyway...)

Are you there on business? Any chance of getting back & re-shoot? If so, I think I'd also elect for a vertical shot to crop-out the intense white light from the 'Aurora' building on the right; and concentrate focus on the tower; which is the iconic landmark from the bund...

Sorry!

Cheers...
          I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
          Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Hi C-F

Yes I am out here on business and inteded to go back again and try a few different shots, I had some vertical shots of the tower but it was blowing a gale, damned tropical storm running up the coast, and even with the camera on a tripod I was only getting 1 in 3 that hadn't suffered from wind movement.

The boat was an experiment as I thought I would try something a little different from the traditional icon shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
              The boat was an experiment as I thought I would try something a little different from the traditional icon shot.
              Nothing wrong with experimenting; and nothing wrong with the principle of using a 'light-trail' to put something into the image.... I just think, in this case, there's too much light from the boat, so, far from contributing to the image, it detracts...

I could of course be talking complete & utter c**p; but it's been that sort of day so far!!!!!
              I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
              Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

As an alternative to the original this is a more traditional view of the tower, is it better or just different?

Again straight out of the camera so any adjustment of horizon or verticals will have to wait until I get home

Comment

I have to agree with CF about your first shot. I find that the ferry blocks your entry into the photo.

Like your second shot concentrating on a small section of the skyline rather than the whole like the first. For me I would probably crop a little more off the bottom and RHS.

Looking forward to seeing this again once you've returned home

Comment

Working...
                  X