Sunrise over Roscoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sunrise over Roscoff

Kevin, very nice sunset, with John's reworked edit really making the most of it. Great combined effort.
    Canon EOS 7D
    EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
    Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
    flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

A lovely image that I wouldn't process any further

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
        I concede my style of processing can emphasise the vibrancy a touch so here's a reworked version that isn't quite as in your face (although with such great colour in the sky it was never going to be subtle ):

30243897653_d46e6d7bfb_o by John Leah, on Flickr

I did find that just taking the highlights down and shadow up left it still too flat so I had to tweak some other setting too although working from the RAW file may see that improve.

Cheers,
        John
        Now i'm really liking that one, I'll send you the raw
        Kevin

Canon 5D MKIV, Canon 7D MKII, 24-105mm f4L, Canon 100-400 f4.5-5.6L MKII, Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM, EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 USM IS, EF1.4X

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
          Kevin, very nice sunset, with John's reworked edit really making the most of it. Great combined effort.
          Thanks Alex
          Kevin

Canon 5D MKIV, Canon 7D MKII, 24-105mm f4L, Canon 100-400 f4.5-5.6L MKII, Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM, EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 USM IS, EF1.4X

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
            A lovely image that I wouldn't process any further

Tom
            Thanks Tom
            Kevin

Comment

Kevin, I forgot to say that I thought it an excellent shot to start with and just needed a touch of work

I've been through Roscoff many times but, like most people I suppose, usually head off up the hill bypassing the town. Only once, while waiting for a ferry, was I able to walk into the town and it really is very pretty - such a shame all the restaurants had closed at 9pm and a hot dog back at the port was all I could find

Cheers,
              John

Comment

nice 2nd edit John
                :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
                  Kevin, I forgot to say that I thought it an excellent shot to start with and just needed a touch of work

I've been through Roscoff many times but, like most people I suppose, usually head off up the hill bypassing the town. Only once, while waiting for a ferry, was I able to walk into the town and it really is very pretty - such a shame all the restaurants had closed at 9pm and a hot dog back at the port was all I could find

Cheers,
                  John
                  Thanks John, I always encourage everyone who tells me they are doing a Plymouth to Roscoff crossing to make the time to at least look around, been visiting multiple times are year for over 15 years and never get bored of the place
                  Kevin

Comment

I really like the original. I am never sure why everyone wants to lift all the shadows on a photograph like that. I am a bit contrarian in that way! I might have made it pop with a few little tweaks with curves in PS, but not a lot!

Richard
                    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Working...
                    X