Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunderland point rainbow

rainbow over sunderland by ricewind72, on Flickr

just time this right when we got here , me and brother had just turned up and there was a fine drizzle, this was just one end of the thing was unable to get a the full rainbow as my photomerge on CS5 not like blank skies
    EOS 60d, EF50mm 1.8, EF-S18-55mm 3.5-5.6, EF 28-90mm 4-5.6, EF-S 55-250mm 4-5.6 IS, Sigma 10-20mm 3.5 EX DC HSM
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jongoodger/

Re: sunderland point rainbow

Looks like right place at the right time.
    I would consider cropping of the right hand side to remove the bits of tree which, to me, does not do anything for the shot and distracts the eye from the point of interest, the rainbow.
    Well done for getting the main rainbow, the secondary rainbow and the darker Alexander's Band between the two. You can clearly see the outer rainbow is the inverse of the main rainbow.

David
    David

Comment

A great shot.....and thanks Djguk for the tecnical bits.

Coda
      There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

it had been cropped but i did want to crop out half boat at the bottom, cause to it did cross my mind that cropping out the whole tree branches from the picture.
        EOS 60d, EF50mm 1.8, EF-S18-55mm 3.5-5.6, EF 28-90mm 4-5.6, EF-S 55-250mm 4-5.6 IS, Sigma 10-20mm 3.5 EX DC HSM
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/jongoodger/

Comment

You could always clone out the tree bits rather than cropping if you don't want to crop out half a boat.

Comment

Working...
          X