Gone fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gone fishing

During a recent holiday to Crete I had the opportunity to sit for an hour in the port of Rehtymnon watching the sunset. Sometimes things work in your favour and as the sun sank one of the fishing boats decided it was time to go out. I took a sequence of pictures of which this is my favourite. Adjusted for colour balance and contrast but that's about all. C&C welcome.

Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Re: Gone fishing

Woolley,
    Sunsets I love and you have nailed it with this one.
    My only question may be the bright sun reflection in the foreground, but I am undecided as to whether or not this is a "niggle".
    Regardless I think it is a great shot with the fisherman and boats in silhouette

David
    David

Comment

A lovely picture I like it and the fishing boat is a real bonus. As David has said I think I prefer it with the suns reflection in the foreground removed for me it makes it more dramatic

Comment

I like this with the sun as it throws the people on the boat in silhouette

Brian
        ef-r

Comment

Interesting, it never occurred to me the reflection might be a distraction - for me it was used to create the silhouette and so was part of the image. It's made me think hard about it. I've looked at some of the others from the series where it's not so obvious and I've decided I prefer this one with (although that might be because it's a better picture overall!) I appreciate the comments, though, because it's really made me re-evaluate the whole thing and I shall try a different adjustment with the highlights reduced considerably.

The observant will note with the amount of sky, the sun was a long way from actually going down - a good hour before sunset in fact - which probably contributed to the brightness of the reflection.
          Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

I like it,the colours really work well together giving the photo a nice warm glow.
            Paul
            EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
            Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Great shot great colours.The reflection doesn't bother me. What I really like is the rolling hills just in the haze of the setting sun top shot.
              400D, 18-55 IS, Tammron 70-300, 5D Mark II, 24-105L,17-40L,50mm 1.8mark11, 430ex11 Flash Gun

Comment

Working...
              X