NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYC

Just got back from NYC after a 4 day whistle stop tour to see family.....was only able to take point and shoot camera, had to leave canon at home!! but i thought i would share these with you....see what you think.

regards

Julian

Re: NYC

I like them, would appreciate details of the post processing. Also which point and shoot??
    EOS 1DX, EOS 5D mkiii, EOS 7D, EF 17-40mm f4 L USM, EF 24-70mm f2.8 L II USM, EF 70-200mm f2.8 L II IS USM, EF 50mm f1.2 L, EF-S 60mm f2.8 Macro USM, Speedlite 580EX

Comment

Really like the vibrant colours in the taxi shot

Comment

I like your "Take" on New York. Far more realistic and as it is than how the media present it.

Colin
        Colin

Comment

Hi Julian;

For P&S's looks like you've done well...

#1 looks a tad flat. Was it tone-mapped? Needs a little touch of contrast methinks...

#2 doesn't appeal to me; but then I'm not a huge fan of selective colouring...

#3 is a good take on the classic NYC yellow-taxi... (Shame it's not a 'classic' yellow-taxi though !)

Cheers...
          I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
          Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Thanks all.
            It was a panasonic lumix with a carl zeiss lens.
            Post processing was on CS4 and a little Topaz Adjust to add contrast. Canon Fodder......they were very flat photos out of the camera and fortunately the Topaz brought out alot more of the shot and i toned down the saturation....because i know how much you hate a photo that pops too much.....;) The tram one was out of the window on a train entering NY, the taxi shot was on the pavement at dusk and the city scape was on the High Line, which is a disused railway line (elevated) which has been created into a park/walkway in the meatpacking district.

Comment

PS. In terms of real taxis, the majority are now these hybrid ones.......fewer classic old style ones about.

Comment

I could see #1 looking really good when printed on fine art paper
                ef-r

Comment

I could see #1 looking really good when printed on fine art paper
                  my thinking too
                  Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                  flickr

Comment

Working...
                  X