Tenby Last weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenby Last weekend

Spent a couple of days in Tenby at the end of last week and took a few shots on friday evening and saturday morning. All comments and advice welcome

F/16, 1/124 ISO 100 -.3 exp comp

Tenby0006 by gardino71, on Flickr
    F/5 1/320 ISO 100

Tenby0026 by gardino71, on Flickr
    F/9, 15 sec exp, ISO 100

Tenby0005 by gardino71, on Flickr
    F/16, 1/80th, ISO 100, -.3 exp comp

Tenby0008 by gardino71, on Flickr
    F/5 1/200th ISO 100

Re: Tenby Last weekend

Nice set, 3 & 4 are my pick.

Watch your horizons though , all of them appear to be sloping downwards.
    Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
    Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

I am with Les on this, #3 and #4 are my favourites.

There is a lot more potential in #1, if the horizon is straightened and some of the sand at the bottom cropped out. That would also help the composition by bringing the horizon back on to the thirds.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

So that's what Tenby looks like. Nice piccies ... I also get my horizons none horizontal.

Comment

Thirded for 3 & 4... Same commentary about horizons...

I'm also with Colin for #1. A 'landscape' crop wouild work better... Crop off most of the sand so the sweep of the shoreline starts near to the bottom-right. That will also bring the horizon down to the 'third-line' and make the whole a stronger presentation IMO.

Cheers...
          I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
          Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

I like them all. The best for me is #3. I know Tenby as well. I wouldn't comment on the technical aspects as it would be like Alesha Dixon commenting on Strictly come dancing!!
            Last edited by Nathaniel; 04-11-2010, 10:58.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Fourthed for 3 & 4. Same comment about the horizons. But I think you know how to correct that now Ian !
              No.3 is probably my overall favourite as it's shot at the time of day I like to shoot at. You can already see some reflections in the wet sand, but it could be a lot more colourful when the tide is in.
              Worth going back and doing again.

Alan.

Comment

The harbour looks a good place for night photography with all the different coloured buidings but would have been better with the tide in and a lower point of view, although not knowing the area not sure if that was possible

Stan
                Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                flickr

Comment

Number 3 is the one that stands out for me.....great shot

Comment

Thanks, I must take a look at the horizons seems like i'm either pi***d or have a bit of a north eye. I like the third shot the best but it was a case of plonking the camera down on the bag and not even looking through the viewfinder or live view because it was so low to the floor and the sand was still wet, my wife was already walking away from me shaking her head wondering what an earth I was doing with my new camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Gardino View Post
                      my wife was already walking away from me shaking her head wondering what an earth I was doing .
                      LOL. Join the club ! I still get that after over 40 years !

Alan

Comment

Hi Gardino, Great shots of a town very close to my heart,I have spent many a time over the last thirty odd years at this place and it still seems to have something magical about it....

Comment

Rusty I have to agree with that, looking at the place as a photographic opportunity I think increases the appeal and beauty of the place because you notice things that are almost taken for granted. Thanks again for all the advice and encouragement.
                          Ian

Comment

Working...
                          X