X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Otley Street Scene

Canon 1Ds MKIII, 50mm F1.4, 1/25 sec @f4, ISO800

Larger image
    Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
    Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Re: Otley Street Scene

Great shot Lea particularly in B&W.
    The falling snow in the lights, the people in the light of the shop window, the curve of the buildings on the right leading you along the road.
    Its a cracker

David
    Last edited by djguk47; 29-11-2010, 15:05.
    David

Comment

Hi Lea,
      A real atmospheric shot, like David said the snow in the lights are great, gives it a real cold Christmas Eve sorta feel to it.
      Great Shot!
      Craig
      :)
      Craig
      A photo is a moment of time captured forever.

Comment

Hi Les;

I like that. Well done. Captures the mood of the day succinctly. That pub (?) looks the best place to be; with a nice hot-toddy !
        Last edited by Canon-Fodder!; 29-11-2010, 19:04. Reason: typo!
        I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
        Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Great shot Les.Very moodey and very cold.....

Coda
          There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Great shot Les,
            I like this and have viewed it a few times.
            I'm guessing there is a streetlamp out of shot in the foreground illumatating the car number plate.
            I hate to be picky but I always end up looking at the number plate, could this be dimmed ?
            My comment is highly subjective of course

I'm not a fan of selective colouring, I wonder what this picuture would be like if the pub/shop was in colour.
            If it was my pub, I think I'd like that effect alot, as it would suggest "a warm, welcoming haven, amidst bleakness".

Trev

Comment

Like this!
              Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
              Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
              X