Clear All

Advice and tips for Snow Photography

Any Tips on how to improve snow photography and C&C welcome
    Attached Files
    Raj
    Flickr

Re: Advice and tips for Snow Photography

Might be worth having a look at this
    View the images at http://www.flickr.com/photos/photogavin/Everyone love to take pictures in the snow. Even the most everyday places look amazing with a ligh...
    Craig
    A photo is a moment of time captured forever.

Comment

Although not a technical tip to improve your photos there are a few other tips (not aimed at the OP but more due diligence if you venture into the countryside to take your snaps)

1. Wear silk (liner) gloves … you’ll keep your hands warm but maintain full dexterity.
      2. Keep a flask of hot drink or soup close at hand. Avoid alcohol.
      3. Make sure all batteries are fully charged (and spares are kept warm … i.e. in an inside pocket).

Back to the technical tips:
      1. Allow You and Camera to acclimatize to the temperature change when you get out your cosy car.
      2. I generally put WB on Sunshine (if that’s what its doing) and do some test exposures … pick the optimum and set the aperture and shutter manually. If the light changes … repeat test exposures and reset aperature/shutter.
      3. Make sure you have the lens hood attached (if you are an advocate of attaching lens hoods).

Comment

Originally posted by Craiguk View Post
        Might be worth having a look at this
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY1lljNhrYU
        Thanks Craig.
        Raj
        Flickr

Comment

Ok RJ this was taught a long time ago but can still be used with digital

Coda
          There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Originally posted by codachrome View Post
            Ok RJ this was taught a long time ago but can still be used with digital

Coda
            Thanks Coda, Very Useful
            Raj
            Flickr

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys,
              a very timely request RJ, hope you can make good use of the tips. I hope to
              David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
              All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

There's a current article on PhotoRadar here that might be helpful...
                I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
                Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Originally posted by Canon-Fodder! View Post
                  There's a current article on PhotoRadar here that might be helpful...
                  Thanks Canon-Fodder
                  Raj
                  Flickr

Comment

Working...
                  X