Time to go home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to go home

This is my first set of images taken on the new 60D on my way home from work.
    I carefully wrapped the camera up in a plastic bag with an elastic band around the lens to protect it from the weather.

I'm going to have a go at removing the buildings and cleaning up the snow on the far left of the picture in photoshop, I will post the results.

I love the sky in this one.

I'm glad I didn't drive

Comments always appreciated
    Last edited by Ian124; 04-12-2010, 14:25.

Re: Time to go home

Completed photoshopping the first image

Comment

Hello Ian;

Well done; I really like #3... if only the 'romance' of these scenes didn;t result in a reality-check!

How are you finding the 60D; and can I ask what you upgraded from?

Cheers...
      I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
      Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

#3 is fantastic. Just needs a signpost: "Narnia this way"!
        Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Like no 3 narnia and think you have done a good photoshop on the fence!

Comment

I like number three as well, and the photoshopped fence now looks like something taken on the moor, with no stars. Very nice.

- Can I ask, did you put the camera in the bag and just leave the lens uncovered? Did you get any fogging, condensation?

- I'm wanting to go out with my camera, but worried about the cold, wet and last but not least, dropping it when trying to stand up right.
            Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
            Di's Flickr

Comment

Ian,
              3 cracking images there.
              For me, like you, it's the sky in No.2 that makes it stand out. I also like the photoshopped version of No.1.

Alan.

Comment

Thanks for all the kind comments.
                'canon-fodder!' One month in and I am surprised at how quickly I have got to grips with the camera. I have found nothing to complain about so I am more that happy with it. I am especially pleased with the adjustable lcd screen, great for both high and low level shots. My previous camera was a Sony DSCF825, I had this for over seven years and it took over 8000 pictures without fail. The 60D is a massive improvement and has secured me as a Canon fan.

'DeeGee' I put the camera & Lens in a clear plastic bag and secured the opening with an elastic band around the zoom ring of the lens. I had enough play in the bag to allow me to still zoom and as the bag was clear I could see the controls to operate them. I didn't have any problems with condensation or fogging. Have a go I had great fun, just don't fall over..... nothing ventured nothing gained.

Comment

Great shots Ian

I prefer #2. It may be a more mundane everyday shot, but the mixed lighting on the snow and the colour in the sky really makes it stand out for me. #3 is very good, but needs a focal point - where is the dog walker with the bright red jacket when you need them? I like the photoshopped fence, that has made it quite an earrie shot.

Glad you are enjoying the 60D and putting it to such good use.

Colin
                  Colin

Comment

I've had an enjoyable few hours with photoshop......

DeeGee, I've added stars for you.

Colin C, A kind man and a dog assisted me

Just a bit of fun on a Sunday afternoon.

Comment

He, he. Well done with the photoshop.

The stars really work with it.

Colin
                      Colin

Comment

Hi Ian,
                        In my original reply I said I liked No.2 best, it's still a great shot but, with the stars added to No.1, can I change my mind please ?
                        You've transformed the whole feel of the image from the original, and for the better. Well done, 5 stars ! (or maybe more).

Alan.

Comment

The stars really give it something.

But the walker in Narnia Lane now really pulls you in.
                          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                          Di's Flickr

Comment

Very well done, a nice set of pitures, even with the man and dog added.
                            Graham.

Comment

Loved the shots, well done.

Comment

Working...
                              X