Tenby Night and Day Mark II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenby Night and Day Mark II

Thanks for the advise about image size, lets see if this works.

Mac T
    Last edited by Mac T; 19-12-2010, 18:00.

Re: Tenby Night and Day Mark II

Hi Mac, I am not sure what size you set for the images when you posted them, most people will use 800 pixels for the long side when posted in landscape and 600 when posted in portrait, I am guessing that your images have posted at something around 400 and are a little small.

Having said that there are some very nice pictures of Tenby, I think #1 and #2 are the same, #3 and #4 are my favourite shots from this series

Comment

I agree with Muscat, the last 2 are my favs as well. Great place to shoot with so much colour. Was in Tenby myself a few weeks ago and pic 3 is almost identical to one I posted apart from the tide is in with yours. The point where you photographed from is an excellent vantage point.
      Ian

Comment

I didn't realise that Tenby was such a photogenic place.

#1 Love it. Gentle, pastel, relaxing, spring to mind, with good exposure and spot on composition.

#2 Like the letterbox style, it works well with this shot, but it is too dark.

#3 Like the letterbox again, exposure better. The corner vignettes need to be more gentle and subtle.

#4 Very strong lead in to the shot. Just the technique I love with extreme wide angle lenses. A little more graduation when darkening the skies needed, it was the right idea, but a little enthusiastically applied. I like the square crop.

#5 Altogether more gentle and pastel. Sky work is better, but it has shifted to cyan/blue. I would ease it back a little with desaturation, but still leaving a little colour in it.

My favourite is #4 for the drama, composition and general boldness of the shot. Fix the sky and I'll quite happily hang it on my wall.

Colin
        Colin

Comment

Like them all, cracking series of images, only slight niggle is No4 looks slightly soft especially as the others look so crisp and clean.
          Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
          Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

A good set of images Mac with #3 being my favourite. I like the sky in #2 but prefer the exposure and resultant reflections in #3. Just the right time of day for such a shot.

Colin C has already commented on the vignettes and I would agree that perhaps less might look better. Ian (Gardino) has commented that he posted a very similar shot to yours, but with the tide out. I mentioned then that we would see better reflections when the tide was in. Hopefully, I think you have proved my point.

Alan.

Comment

Alan, I agree it is definately a better shot with tide in, adds more balance to the shot. great images

Comment

Number 3 stands out for me Mac, good series.
                Alex

Light Over Scotland
                alex scott Photography

Comment

That is a really nice series Mac, so much to like about all of the shots.
                  3 is a classic "post card" type shot, and I do mind that in the best sense.
                  4 & 5 are the type I would happily hang on my wall any day.
                  David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
                  All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

Working...
                  X