• Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunset on lewis

my first post so hoping it goes ok :)

braigh sunset 9 by colinhcameron, on Flickr

braigh sunset 6 by colinhcameron, on Flickr

Re: sunset on lewis

Second is a nice shot, first doesn't work as well, as your leading lines lead across, while in the second you have strong lead-in lines (mainly the FG rocks), well balanced exposure, although the white patch in the sky is just starting to get hot.

My only niggle(s) are in the second your horizon is curved, probably as a consequence of angling your lens down causing distortion.

And in the first you have significant red fringing, particularly around the Fg rock.

Those niggles aside, the second really does shine, and is worth viewing the larger size in your flickr
    Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
    Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Originally posted by Les McLean View Post

And in the first you have significant red fringing, particularly around the Fg rock.

Those niggles aside, the second really does shine, and is worth viewing the larger size in your flickr
      What would be the cause of that?
      ef-r

Comment

lol, i'll bet the cause is the cheapo wideangle adapter i have for my 18-55, i've been waiting for my 10-22mm for weeks, shouldnt be long now

Comment

That's the culprit then. There is a reason why these adaptors are so cheap and you have just found out why.

Colin
          Colin

Comment

Really good images for first posting, think I prefer #1, and this may have been even better if the horizon was not in the center of the frame, maybe more foreground as in the thirds composithion guide.

Ray

Comment

2 nice pictures, I would have loved the sky of #1 on the foreground of #2.

If you look at the images on flickr they look much better and the red fringe isn't so pronounced.

Comment

very nice pics indeed. I love the effect you have caught with the sea against that dramatic sky.
                David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
                All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

Working...
                X