• Show
Clear All

Texel Landscape + Windmill

I know it's to much in the center right ;).. i know just enjoy
    Canon EOS 500D + BG-E5 Grip
    Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    http://www.melvinsamsinfotografie.nl

Re: Texel Landscape + Windmill

Nicely Done. Texel ... famous for its sheep? (we have a breed called British Texel's that have their origin in the Netherlands , well Texel).
    Last edited by George Bear; 13-04-2011, 08:15.

Comment

Haha could be, you have a lot of cheep over there,

i guess it's also "famous" because of the fish industries
      Canon EOS 500D + BG-E5 Grip
      Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
      http://www.melvinsamsinfotografie.nl

Comment

For me I think you have slightly overdone the HDR process - especially in the sky. Perhaps it could be more subtle?
        ef-r

Comment

Interesting surreal image. Overdone perhaps yes but still a nice image. Only downside for me is the composition with the subject bang in the centre.The rule of thirds would have helped here I think
          5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

I have come back to this image a number of times and must say that I like it, the rule of 1/3rds in this instance for me is not an issue.

The only niggles I have is the light block (possible part of a small building or van) bang on the edge on the right hand side and the dark brown (looks like planks of wood) in the bottom left hand edge. Either crop or clone these out and I think you have a cracking image.

In this instance I think the overworked effect is good. well done

Comment

Bravo, Muscat. Stick to your guns. If you like the HDR, that's the main thing though personally I agree with briansquibb. I agree with you about the rule of thirds. It can become a bit of a straightjacket. It's a lovely scene. Is it typical of the present countryside in Texel or is a happy leftover from an earlier landscape?
              Garrett

Still struggling to see the wonder of the world around me.

450D, 18-55mm & 55-250mm kit lenses, 50mm f1.8. Canon PowerShot G12., Ixus 950IS.

Comment

Originally posted by ax2010@eircom.net View Post
                Bravo, Muscat. Stick to your guns. If you like the HDR, that's the main thing though personally I agree with briansquibb. I agree with you about the rule of thirds. It can become a bit of a straightjacket. It's a lovely scene. Is it typical of the present countryside in Texel or is a happy leftover from an earlier landscape?
                For the composition I would be interested in the canal in the bottom right to see if that could be used to lead the eye towards the windmill - probably need to take the picture from lower down
                ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
                  For me I think you have slightly overdone the HDR process - especially in the sky. Perhaps it could be more subtle?
                  I agree with briansqubb, the HDR is overdone. But I love Dutch ;-) sceneries! It is a nice shot. I love the greens grass behind the mill. Can you also put on the orginal photo?
                  With kind regards,
                  Friso

Canon EOS 70D | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 | Canon EFS 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6mm IS STM | Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 |

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128548396@N08/

Comment

I like it. IMVHO it works very well. But remember I’m an artistic philistine having no appreciation of composition or rules (of thirds or ninths or whatever). Also as I mentally scan a photo from top left to bottom right looking for things ... I’m not distracted by 'leading in lines'. Okay it’s been said before that I’m odd ... but some photos just work for me and others don’t. Rarely this caricaturisation does work – I normally prefer a true representation of reality. But that’s me ... I’d stand no chance in a camera club or photo competition

Comment

I like it, slightly overdone but I still like it. Well done. I agree about the white object on the right edge but otherwise great work.
                      Graham

Comment

Working...
                      X