Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under the Bridge of Bobbio.

Hello everyone.

This photo was taken last winter in Bobbio, mountain town of Emilia Romagna, the Italian region famous for its excellent cuisine and beautiful women :-)

I used the 5D MK II with a 16-35 lens at f/22 and I underexposed by 1 / 3 in post production to make the sun more readable.

Comments and critics are welcome.

Hello and see you soon.

Marco
    Attached Files

Re: Under the Bridge of Bobbio.

Nice one Marco! HDR?

Uhm.. Where's emilia romagna? ;)
    Do feel free to comment on any of my contributions.
    EOS-500D. Flickr: _rutger_

Comment

Very nice.

I would have thought f22 would start effecting the crispness of the picture and as there is no detail in the distance that you might have been better using about f13. Maybe needing a big ND to slow it down would smooth the water if that is what you wanted
      ef-r

Comment

Unusual and very nice

Comment

Very unusual Well taken indeed.
          Alun

Comment

Originally posted by vdzande View Post
            Nice one Marco! HDR?

Uhm.. Where's emilia romagna? ;)
            Hello Vdzande,

Thanks for the ride and the comment.

This image is not in HDR, and Emilia Romagna is worth visiting, because the good food and beautiful women always warm the heart;-)

Hello and see you soon.

Marco

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
              Very nice.

I would have thought f22 would start effecting the crispness of the picture and as there is no detail in the distance that you might have been better using about f13. Maybe needing a big ND to slow it down would smooth the water if that is what you wanted
              Hello Brian,

your argument is correct. I shot at f/22 because I wanted to bring out the sun and the ND filter I think you're right it would be much better to work with this system.

Many thanks to the passage and the comment :-)

Hello and see you soon.

Marco

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
                Unusual and very nice
                Thanks Muscat :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Alun100 View Post
                  Very unusual Well taken indeed.
                  Many thanks Alun100 :-)

Comment

Ciao Marco,
                    il controluce è piacevole, soprattutto l'effetto raggiera del sole. Personalmente, in scatti come questo, avrei lavorato più selettivamente con le maschere di livello per aggiustare le ombre . Cioè, avrei solo illuminato su un'area particolare della foto come le sponde del fiume e il primo piano.
                    Gusti personali s'intende. Comunque un paesaggio molto suggestivo..oltre al fatto che L'emilia Romagna è una grande bella regione!!!! Un grande saluto, ciao!

Hello Mark,
                    the backlight is nice, especially the effect of sun rays. Personally, about shots like this, I would have worked more selectively to adjust the shadows with layer masks.
                    I mean, I would have just brighten up a particular area of the photo as the banks of the river and the foreground of the photo. Personal preference of course. However, a very beautiful landscape .. besides the fact that Emilia Romagna is a very beautiful region!!!! Greetings!!
                    Anna

Comment

Originally posted by Nancy View Post
                      Ciao Marco,
                      il controluce è piacevole, soprattutto l'effetto raggiera del sole. Personalmente, in scatti come questo, avrei lavorato più selettivamente con le maschere di livello per aggiustare le ombre . Cioè, avrei solo illuminato su un'area particolare della foto come le sponde del fiume e il primo piano.
                      Gusti personali s'intende. Comunque un paesaggio molto suggestivo..oltre al fatto che L'emilia Romagna è una grande bella regione!!!! Un grande saluto, ciao!

Hello Mark,
                      the backlight is nice, especially the effect of sun rays. Personally, about shots like this, I would have worked more selectively to adjust the shadows with layer masks.
                      I mean, I would have just brighten up a particular area of the photo as the banks of the river and the foreground of the photo. Personal preference of course. However, a very beautiful landscape .. besides the fact that Emilia Romagna is a very beautiful region!!!! Greetings!!

Ciao Anna :-)

intanto grazie per il gradito passaggio e commento :-) Per elaborare questa immagine ho utilizzato DPP perchè non ho PS CS5 o simili e nell'originale in effetti le ombre erano più aperte e questo dava una maggiore leggibilità dell'arcata del ponte che si trova in ombra. Ho sottoesposto e chiuso leggermente le ombre perchè nei miei intenti era il sole il protagonista della fotografia e quindi volevo renderlo il più leggibile possibile. Devo dire però che scattando in analogico immagini simili, le ho fatte soprattuto in montagna sui ghiacciai, il sole a f/16 si presentava già come puoi vederlo in questa fotografia e senza ricorrere alla sottoesposizione assumeva un aspetto brillante ma leggibile e senza disturbare la visione. Con il digitale invece, la gestione di scatti simili si è rivelata, almeno per quanto mi riguarda, più complessa. Cercherò di capire meglio come mai.

Grazie ancora cara Anna del passaggio e un grande saluto anche a te.

Ciao.

Marco :-)

Hello Anna :-)

Meanwhile, thanks for the welcome step and comment :-) I used to draw this picture because I do not have PS CS5 DPP or the like in the original and the shadows were in fact more open and this gave greater clarity of the arch of the bridge is in the shade. I underexposed slightly and closed the shades because my intent was only the sun the protagonist of photography and so I wanted to make it as readable as possible. I must say that taking pictures such as analog, I've done most of all the glaciers in the mountains, the sun appeared already at f/16 as you can see in this picture without resorting to underexposure and assumed a shiny appearance but readable and without disturbing vision. With digital, however, the management of similar shots turned out to be, at least for me, more complex. I will try to understand why.

Thanks again dear Anna for the passing and a big hello to you too.

Ciao.

Marco :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X