The Avon at Warwick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Avon at Warwick

The classic/postcard view of the Avon and Warwick Castle, taken from the nearby road bridge -

- and the river through the arch of an old road bridge taken from the grounds of Mill Cottage at the foot of the castle (very nice garden - usually open for charity, with good views of the river and the castle) -

The arch is visible on the river below the castle in the first shot.
    Well worth a visit. And it's good to visit the castle itself (if you are very rich or can sell a few L lenses to pay the entrance fee).

50D + 24-105L.

Cheers, Chris.
    Just chuggin' along.

Re: The Avon at Warwick

hi chris
    like the pictures but maybe they need a bit more contrast ? just a thought

dave
    5DMKII 24-105mm, 100-400 ISUSM - plus lots of bits that I am not sure I need or can afford

Comment

I like #1 - but it would be worth changing the aperture to, say F11 and use the hyperfocal point to get all the picture in focus. What a beautiful view that is. I think it would be improved about 1 hour later or so to get less shadow on the river.

Same applies with the aperture on #2 - if anything more important

Brian
      Last edited by briansquibb; 20-10-2011, 21:08.
      ef-r

Comment

Hi Chris
        I like your images and like your imaginative view to #2.
        I have tried to emulate the first image the last time I was in Warwick which was over 3 years ago.
        Then I had the 40D and 17-85mm kit lens, I must try it again as I was not pleased with my image from the same bridge.

Just added Warwick to my places to re-visit. I must get one of those "buy one get one free" entry tickets to the castle.

Comment

I just read the exif on my old image and yours and so many similarities.
          I also noticed that you are using the 50D.
          Did you know the firmware has been updated for the 50D?
          Your firmare is version 1.03 whilst the latest is version 1.08 download from here

Hope it helps

Comment

Working...
          X