Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel Backpack for Landscape Photography

Hello all

my wife and I are heading off on a 5 day / 70k walk next month and I would like to have a backpack that can take some personal gear as well as my camera gear. I only have two lenses and my 5DmkII body plus a tripod and a few bits and peices. I would like to know what my fellow EOS forum members use and was/is your general experience.

We are walking the Queen Charlotte Track in New Zealand North Island however our bags will be sherpa'd by boat each day. So we only need to take a daypack size each. I was thinking about 25 - 28 L. Will need to fit in a fleece and maybe a spray jacket and some lunch.

Any thoughts or comments would be very much appreciated.

Sorry - I was not sure where to post this question.

Re: Travel Backpack for Landscape Photography

I did a trip to Haiti earlier this year and wanted a bag that would suit pretty much what you have specified. I bought a Kata 467- the only thing it doesn't accommodate is a tripod, but I believe there is a version 467i that does. It is well thought out and adaptable and good quality. http://www.kata-bags.com/search?intl...=11&t=products

Comment

Re: Travel Backpack for Landscape Photography

I have a couple of LowePro's (Backpacks) but to be honest they soon become uncomfortable when doing a serious walk (including scrambling and climbing) when you've got your kit plus provisions onboard. If I am doing a days walking I prefer a dedicated rambling backpack and stow the camera bits in waterproof bags within that. Your provisions, spare clothing and first aid kit provide protection for the kit if you pack the sac correctly. I currently use an Osprey Packs and Exped Dry Packs.

BUT ... backpacks for a serious days work are a very personal matter so try as many as you can.

Comment

Working...
      X