Pembroke sunset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pembroke sunset

Well spotted Samfisher I always forget to straighten the horizon come from having one leg shorter than the other Ha Ha

Llangrannog setting sun. by treff, on Flickr
    Last edited by Treff; 06-11-2011, 10:04. Reason: wrong caption

Re: Pembroke sunset

I am looking at this on the work's PC so forgive me if I'm talking tosh (nothing new there I hear you say )
    The two f/g rocks appear a bit dark but I'm sure you'd be able to tease some more detail out of them.
    The sloping horizon bothers me more though.
    With a wee bit of work I'm sure you could make this nice shot better

Mike
    www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

The sloping horizon bothers me more though.
      That was the first thing I noticed. Sorry Treff.
      I also think this is a good case for using a grad filter for a potentially good photo.

Comment

Thanks Samfisher. Always forget to straighten horizon. Not sure about the rocks or the overall toning. I tried a few variations but this warmer tone seemed to be best. It's very subjective I suppose. My better half does not like this picture but her friend loves it. Oh well.
        Thanks for comments and looking. It's always good to get different opinions before putting pictures up for judging by those that are not so kind Ha ha and it is always good for my ego ha ha
        Cheers
        Treff

Comment

I have now straightened it up, thanks Samfisher. I would also appreciate any comments on this pic. I find sunsets one of the most difficult things to get right so any comments would be most appreciated. All ways learning but unfortunately mostly forgetting.
          Cheers
          Treff

Comment

can't see any picture.
            Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
            Di's Flickr

Comment

I like it a lot.

As an alternative, a lower viewpoint might have given a stronger narrative and given the figure a little more prominence by placing her against the sky rather than a little lost against the sea and the background, but it's still a great image.
              Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Looks like Llangrannog in Ceredigion.

Comment

What a great location, I like those hazy, cloudy sunsets, we had one here the other night.
                  I like that there is a person in it, gives a sense of scale to those foreground rocks.

I like the composition but might be tempted to crop a little from the LHS to remove the road and vehicles ?
                  Did you experiment with differents POVs, or did your missus decide she'd waited long enough for you to get this picture ? :-))))

Trev

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                    Di's Flickr

Comment

Ems well spotted it is indeed Llangrannog in Ceredigion.
                      The management take no responsibility for opinions held by members of staff. Nor do they take any blame for some old fart with a camera who cannot remember wether he is on ass or elbow or which county nay country he is standing in when pointing said apparatus.
                      Cheers
                      Treff

Comment

Working...
                      X