Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Rubbish Photograph

Ok, its a photograph of rubbish!

Does this qualify as an urban landscape shot?

Canon Powershot SX130 IS 60mm 1/125 sec @ f4

Peter

Re: A Rubbish Photograph

Can't see the picture!
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Coming up ok on both my Mac and laptop Nathaniel.

Comment

Originally posted by Petros View Post
        Does this qualify as an urban landscape shot?
        It might qualify for the most smelliest urban shot though.

Comment

It might qualify for the most smelliest urban shot though
          I can probably vouch for that! Organics sites are the worst though especially if they process food waste. This site has a contract to deal with 60 tonnes a week of outdated bread and bakery goods!

Comment

I'm glad it's not a scratch and sniff print.:-)
            It's strange to see a landfill with no gulls,
            All that aside, nice stock image !

Trev

Comment

Trev, there were hundreds of gulls above this part of the site, just a bit too far up to include in the shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Petros View Post
                Coming up ok on both my Mac and laptop Nathaniel.
                Can see it now.I can't see why it cannot be seen as an "urban landscape".
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Someone had the same problem a few days ago - no pic but others could see it, then commented later that the image had appeared. urban landscape perhaps, but hardly a beauty spot!

Comment

I am happy to see the photo taken with the Canon Powershot 130. It is the same compact which I have and genrally take with me for the off the cuff pics. Quite a handy compact and produces good enough pics for my purposes.

Comment

I saw your comments re the 130 but it was only after I had purchased mine I realised I had the same one. I bought mine for work (on expenses!) but I must admit to having a bit if fun with it outside of work. For a relatively inexpensive camera it allows a good level of control and takes pretty good pics especially close up.

Comment

Shots like this tend to be overlooked. In a 100 years time (maybe) they will be relatively rare. It's akin to freight train workings before WWII ... not seen as sexy in many circles so few images (cf passenger trains) taken.

Mudane (that's a positive!) ... but well done in seeing the shot and sharing.

Comment

Thanks MX5 - you are right, no glamour but still worth taking.

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
                            Shots like this tend to be overlooked. In a 100 years time (maybe) they will be relatively rare. It's akin to freight train workings before WWII ... not seen as sexy in many circles so few images (cf passenger trains) taken.

Mudane (that's a positive!) ... but well done in seeing the shot and sharing.
                            Quite right MX5, I think that documenting the mundane is very important, I just wish I had taken all those shots that I had 'seen' of now demolished buildings, too late now
                            Regards

Keith

My Flickr

Comment

I had the same conversation a few days ago after someone posted old photographs (1930's) of a local town. With all the imaging technology nowadays we might expect more to survive long term, but in reality only what we foresee, record and save will be available for future interest.

Comment

Working...
                              X