New Forest Morning pt 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Forest Morning pt 2

here's one from yesterday that nearly escaped to the waste bin, what do you reckon, a lucky save?

My camera is helping to look at the world more closely, then record what I see to share with others.

http://imagesfromnature.foliopic.com

Re: New Forest Morning pt 2

I think I would have been tempted to crop a wee bit off the left.
    At the time of taking I would have lowered the POV to show more of the water and reflections and less of the treetops.
    The bridge looks interesting - that would have been well worth a shot.

Not bad a image all the same
    Glad to see that you're getting some decent light - dull and grey here unfortunately

Mike
    www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

I never put anything in the bin. It may not get transferred to the working area part of the hard disk, but its still there on the master copy. You just never know ... a smashing shot like that in 'trash' ... phew a near miss. Tis a very nice picture.

Comment

The fish eye is working very well for you!!
        ef-r

Comment

Mike, I messed around with various crops and heights and couldn't really decide which was best, this was the one that "Stuck" (as you may gather, I'm not a natural landscaper and find it a difficult genre to learn to "See" when walking about.)

MX5, to be honest, I always make a duplicate set on an external hard-drive, so its rare that any shot disappears completely. I do tend to do a rapid review and dump from each day's shoot almost as soon as I load the images to the main drive though (even then I have over 40K images on the "working" disc!) I couldn't make my mind up with this one, so left it to stew overnight.

Brian - I'm slowly learning to use this new tool and falling in love with it as I do so The depth of field + width of image capture is very creative
          My camera is helping to look at the world more closely, then record what I see to share with others.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFisher View Post
            I think I would have been tempted to crop a wee bit off the left.
            At the time of taking I would have lowered the POV to show more of the water and reflections and less of the treetops.
            The bridge looks interesting - that would have been well worth a shot.

Not bad a image all the same
            Glad to see that you're getting some decent light - dull and grey here unfortunately

Mike
            I think Mike is spot on with his comments here

Comment

Originally posted by oldcanon View Post
              Brian - I'm slowly learning to use this new tool and falling in love with it as I do so The depth of field + width of image capture is very creative
              I struggle a lot with landscapes - but I got a 24mm and really like it, it is so sharp!

I can fall in love with such sharp IQ like you have produced

Brian
              ef-r

Comment

Sorry, it's not for me - nothing there to really 'grab' the attention. Don't get me wrong, it's well taken it just lacks that little something.

.DAVID.
                Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

to my eye it lacks a specific focal point David, no foreground interest apart from the reflections (its another of those that my wife likes more than me and she tends to be right for the market-place but not the photgrapher )

Comment

Originally posted by oldcanon View Post
                    to my eye it lacks a specific focal point David, no foreground interest apart from the reflections (its another of those that my wife likes more than me and she tends to be right for the market-place but not the photgrapher )
                    I put a lot of photos on Facebook to guage Joe Public's reactions as well as on the forums. Almost without exception the photos that get slated by the togs are the ones loved by the public and vv. Especially my goat pictures.
                    ef-r

Comment

Working...
                    X