In the dark!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the dark!

Last Sunday I had a band in the studio for some promo shots, once we had finished I asked them to pose for one more shot in my garden; once I had them stood in a tight group I climbed to the top of a 6' step ladder, my wife held the flash head on an extended stand at arms length so that the flash was coming down from over my right shoulder; as it was late (11pm) and everyone was a little tired we only did three shots. Once I converted the shot to B&W in LR-3, added a vignette and tweaked a little bit, this is the shot I finished up with; strangely it is almost exactly what I had in mind when I was thinking about the set-up, I love it and so do they, what do you think?
    Attached Files
    Ian,1D-3, 5D-2, 24-70L, 70-200L, 100-400L, ST-E2, 580-EX2, Elinchrom lights: http://www.flickr.com/photos/clik-klik/

Re: In the dark!

imho - very nice. The black and white suits it very well.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

I like it - it has a rather 'old processing' feel to it.....just like an old LP cover from the 60's

Comment

Originally posted by hhcanon View Post
        I like it - it has a rather 'old processing' feel to it.....just like an old LP cover from the 60's
        Thats funny, when I was thinking of the shot I remembered a "Queen" video, Bohemian Rhapsody I think, where the groups faces are sort of floating against a dark background; it was a bit scary standing on top of the stepladder, you kind of lose your sense of balance whilst you look through the viewfinder!!
        Thanks for the comments.
        Ian,1D-3, 5D-2, 24-70L, 70-200L, 100-400L, ST-E2, 580-EX2, Elinchrom lights: http://www.flickr.com/photos/clik-klik/

Comment

Yeah cool. The band Queen comes to mind here ;)
          Do feel free to comment on any of my contributions.
          EOS-500D. Flickr: _rutger_

Comment

really like this
            EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

Great style of the sixties.................of course to young to remember........................but I've heard the stories. Nice pic.
              Cheers
              Treff

Comment

Just seen this. Great shot and the lighting is excellent. Bet the band were pleased with it.
                Malcolm Alexander - Alexam Images - Canon 7D - 70-200 f2.8 L IS USM- 24-105 f4 L IS USM - 50mm 1.4 - Epson R2880 Printer - Speedlites Two 580EX II & 430 EX II - Lencarta Two 300w/s Studio lights

Comment

In the dark!

I like this a lot

Comment

Works well, very nostalgic, graphic and punchy.

Colin
                    Colin

Comment

Working...
                    X