Williamson park Lancaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Williamson park Lancaster

had a outing last night to Williamson park only had a quick walk round brief history on the park is as follows

The Ashton Memorial was commissioned by Lord Ashton as a tribute to his late wife. It was designed by John Belcher and completed in 1909

the park is free to walk round but you have to pay to go in Ashton Hall and the old palm house which is a butterfly house now, at this time the city council are doing some work in the park so it look a bit unloved in the plant side as they have a rhododendron diseases so big area have been removed but this has made a good improvement to the area IMO

Also this is the first outing for my sigma 10-20 lens WDYT?

aston hall west view by Jon Goodger, on Flickr

aston hall-1 by Jon Goodger, on Flickr

south lodge by Jon Goodger, on Flickr

Fern on sandstone by Jon Goodger, on Flickr
    EOS 60d, EF50mm 1.8, EF-S18-55mm 3.5-5.6, EF 28-90mm 4-5.6, EF-S 55-250mm 4-5.6 IS, Sigma 10-20mm 3.5 EX DC HSM
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jongoodger/

Re: Williamson park Lancaster

Torn between the first and the second.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

here are a couple more from my walk round the park that, it was a shame my mate wasn't to bothered about taking photos that night as it was such a lovely day

rear of ashton hall by Jon Goodger, on Flickr

seat by Jon Goodger, on Flickr
      EOS 60d, EF50mm 1.8, EF-S18-55mm 3.5-5.6, EF 28-90mm 4-5.6, EF-S 55-250mm 4-5.6 IS, Sigma 10-20mm 3.5 EX DC HSM
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/jongoodger/

Comment

#1 is a beauty. Lovely light and composition is spot on.

The others tend to look as if the buildings are falling over. That's not a criticism, just a watchpoint. Converging verticals tend to look weird unless you're using it for effect. As you say, first outing for the super-wide - some of my early 10mm shots have the same problem, one memorable one of the Albert Memorial looks more Salvador Dali than photograph.
        Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Working...
        X