Capel Curig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capel Curig

Capel Curig is close to the wettest place in Britain ... and yesterday it didn't let us down. I stepped in to lead an 'easy' 9 miler. Actually my original plan was a circular but in the end decided to end at Betws-y-Coed as our coach driver had parked there (and the rain was quite heavy at times). Anyway there's more to do in Betws.

1. Looking across at Moel Siabod (2861')

2. Tŷ Hyll

3. Where the A5 crosses the Afon Llugwy near Tŷ Hyll

4. A small falls near the Miners Bridge

5. Afon Llugwy Under the Miners Bridge

6. Route

40D plus 17-40L. Typically 200ISO F/4 1/200.

Feel free to report technical or narrative blunders.

Thanks for stopping by.

Re: Capel Curig

Great set MX5, Having just spent a week in wales i can relate to all your images,lovely green hillsides, but low cloud,mist and very wet rain typical British summer.Still your images bring the scenery to life.

Paul
    Last edited by paul linton; 09-07-2012, 08:41.
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Another great set MX5, you always produce great images whatever the weather.
      I always love photos from the "land of my fathers".
      I have never visited Tŷ Hyll (Ugly House) despite having driven along that road many times.

Comment

Good set, first is my pick, moody/broody sky makes this image. I'd be tempted to crop a bit from the bottom to just under where the path starts on the right, allowing your eyes a natural diagonal flow from bottom right.
        Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
        Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Nice shots, been past it many times, never understood why it is called the ugly house though - I quite like it
          EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

Thanks everyone. I've lost count of the number of times I've driven on the A5 between Betws-y-Coed and Capel Curig. But haven't walked the countryside north of it many times. Naturally very muddy, very green and pleasant.

That broody sky became a very heavy rain shortly after we had eaten in the open ... just as we got into a wood.

The very high humidy in the wooded areas played havoc keeping my lens clear.

Comment

Beautiful pics MX5. I can't choose any one as my favourite. Many thanks for sharing, as always.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Hi MX5, I'm with Nat on this one can't pick a Fvourite this time, love the N/Wales countryside.

Ray

Comment

Thanks Nat and Ray.

Comment

I'm another that can't pick a fave. Some stunning scenes.
                    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                    Di's Flickr

Comment

Thanks Di - Wet and slate goes together so well - even Blaenau Ffestiniog's spoil tips looks nice on a wet day

Comment

Looks like a beautiful and interesting walk
                        Great shots

Mike
                        www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Working...
                        X