Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The last day of Abergavenny Livestock Market after a 150 years of trading.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last day of Abergavenny Livestock Market after a 150 years of trading.

The last day at Abergavenny Livestock Market by artjjames, on Flickr

Re: The last day of Abergavenny Livestock Market after a 150 years of trading.

I've had my head rammed into the world of photojournalism by pure accident these passing weeks, and this picture is right up there in the world of story telling.
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Comment

A very emotive picture- shows the emotion very well. A top class image in my opinion.(Did the two gents walk over/on the sheep to get to the platform??)
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Tom

Comment

Doug.
            Cameras... 7D, 350D
            Lens...Canon 17-40 f4, Sigma 70-200 f2.8, Tamron 28-300 f3.5, Canon 18-55 f3.5

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
            Montana 5 Car-tography

Comment

[ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Scott
                Scott

500px flickr

Comment

They are moving "out of town" which I think is a good thing.
                  We visit Abergavenny on a Tuesday (market day) to look at the stalls and not the farm animals.
                  They done the same at Hereford and the livestock market business has increased at the new location on the edge of Hereford.

Great image, well taken
                  Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                  Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Dare I suggest black and white with a touch of extra contrast and grain?
                    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                    Di's Flickr

Comment

[QUOTE=Hereford_EOS;183573]They are moving "out of town" which I think is a good thing.
                      We visit Abergavenny on a Tuesday (market day) to look at the stalls and not the farm animals.
                      They done the same at Hereford and the livestock market business has increased at the new location on the edge of Hereford.
                      QUOTE]

i was just moving to the end of page to ask why! Chers Stepehen
                      Alun

Comment

I like that image, as others have said it tells a story.
                        Andy
                        Canon EOS 5D MarkIV, 11-24mm f4, 24-70mm f2.8 II, 24-105mm f4, 70-200mm f2.8 IS II USM, 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 IS II USM, 100mm Macro, 50mm f1.4, Speedlite 600EX-RT, Manfrotto tripod
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyberdavis/

Comment

[QUOTE=Alun100;185380]
                          Originally posted by Hereford_EOS View Post
                          They are moving "out of town" which I think is a good thing.
                          QUOTE]

i was just moving to the end of page to ask why! Chers Stepehen
                          Abergavenny cattle Market had been the subject of heated debates for many years, should it be closed or should it stay open?. The original Tuesday livestock which used to very busy had declined in recent years, because of a Wednesday market that started up after Monmouth and Newport Livestock markets were closed, and it had become very popular filling the market with livestock most weeks, and gridlocked with trailers and lorries. A final decision was made by Monmouthshire County Council in to 2012 to build a new state of the art Livestock Market 8 miles away near Raglan which opened last week.

Comment

Working...
                          X