Broughton-in-Furness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broughton-in-Furness

Yesterday was a 10.5 mile walk in the south Cumbria downlands. All very nice with bracken fields with grass paths. Weather was ... erm ... some very heavy rain ... some blue sky. I wasn't leading this ... and we didn't stop much ... so only a few photos.

1. This a view from the highest point we got to (only 600')

2. Steer Clear

Has to walk through a field of bovines (these are steers I think)

3. Railway Telegragh Remnants

Some trackbed is now a footpath. The Coniston branch shut to passenger in 1958 and freight a few years after. Quite a few bits of the railway survive. Camera was quite wet at this point so didn't fancy using flash. Hand held at 1/10 (needs must).

4. Taking Stock

40D plus Marmite lens as normal.

Please tell me about technical blunders.
    Last edited by MX5; 08-08-2011, 16:10.

Re: Broughton-in-Furness

Do like Steer Clear, the scene looks like something from an old masters landscape scene.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

Thanks Di. It was one of those days when the lighting is strange (in a good sort of way) ... this was taken at the start of the walk and isn't HDR. Just a bit of levels and sharpening.

Comment

love the pano shot, very dramatic. great landscape, good walking too it seems.
        David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
        All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

Working...
        X